`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay seller prices?

Ebay seller prices?
I just started selling cards on Ebay. Can anyone elaborate on how you price your cards? I use Beckett to get an idea of what the BV is but not sure what percent below or above to go from there. Example: A 2011 Topps Prime Quad relic I listed books for $30. The card was pulled and protected with a top-loader. Now, I'm pretty sure if I list the BV price, the card will probably sit and not sell. Some cards I have, can fetch the full book if I'm lucky. For the "not so in-demand" cards, where should I start? I'm motivated to sell and want to profit some but don't want to scare away potential buyers either. Secondly, which feature do you have more success with? Selling as an auction or Buy it Now?
Thank you for any advice/feedback!

RE: Ebay seller prices?
I think auction or BIN doesn't matter... it all comes down to the price. I would suggest looking at the last 3 sold to get an idea on where to price. Also, good luck selling anything but autos, GUs, low #'d stuff... the base stuff isn't going to move unless you pack it as a lot.

if youre going to auction it, just start it at $.99 if you want to make sure it sells and let it be bid up from there.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

Depends if the player is hot or in demand too. Most people with BIN dont mind holding onto the cards while the people that do auction are wanting to make some money and arent worried about what it will go for.

Thanks for the replies. My first attempt at selling has attracted a few people thus far. I wanted to test the waters so I listed one as an auction and other a BIN/auction. Both are cards that should sell. 1st one is a 01/25 Auto of Don Mattingly and the other is Drew Brees Rookie Threads Jersey that started at .99. I'd also like to explore this site and have fun trading and buying with other members also. I'm new to the trade and wished I would have started this way sooner!
Jason

Ebay name: Laurynalex

I'm sure both will sell... it will be interesting to see how far the Brees goes.