`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My turn to rant about PWE

RE: My turn to rant about PWE
Check me also on the original backs, if I have what you need pm me and I will send them for nothing buddy. I agree about the shipping, I had a new trader send me a $80 card in just a bubble mailer, no penny no top loader nothing from another country ! You can only imagain how that turned out... I also might have the rest you need if you card feast doesn't have them send me a list in pm and I will see what I can do.

(01-16-2012, 10:57 PM)homerjg007 Wrote: i don't mind PWE trades as long as they do it correctly (for 1 to 2 card low value trades). I have never had an issue with a penny sleeve, top loader, and tape. btw..feel free to check my inserts
Even low $$ cards in PWE are a risk..
It is not worth the little $$ saved
Here is an example
[Image: scan0001.jpg]
(01-16-2012, 08:15 PM)ande_23 Wrote: I must say the majority of people pack their cards very well and this is my first bad experience in 25+ trades so far. I understand that my trade for 2 of this years original backs, plus the last 2 topps 60's I needed and the last CMG reprint I needed is a very small trade and I should be thrilled to have found someone willing to do such a small trade (12.50 BV)...but...it would be nice to receive the cards in decent shape! This can not be accomplished by placing the 5 bare cards with no penny sleeves in a 100 pt top loader and dropping it into a large plain white envelope. None of the cards were in the toploader when it arrived...and all were damaged...sent a message to the trader about this 3 days ago and no word back as yet...
If there is something in my ORG you need, let me know, Still have to make up for the Ty Cobb error!!

No excuse using a PWE today. Unless agreed upon first. We all trade here, shop on eBay. We all know how its spose to work, even the new guys. If you do ship in a PWE. I recommend using a semi-ridged holder over a toploader. Toploaders tend to rip envelopes. Semis have a little more flex to them and are thinner. Ive never had a problem with a semi-ridged and a PWE.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

The last time I tried I went one step further and used a 28 Lb. Glove envelope. Its about the size of a 6 3/4 envelope and made out of heavy brown craft paper, I even paid the extra for a unbend-able first class envelope ($0.74) and they still managed to send it through their machine and crease one of the cards. Never again, I'll pay the $1.90 for a Bubble Mailer with a DC, no matter what the value of the cards inside is.

Ray