`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1989 Topps Traded Football Barry Sanders BGS 10?

1989 Topps Traded Football Barry Sanders BGS 10?
Does anyone know why there has only been one BGS10 in the history of this set (Deion Sanders)? Does anyone have any insight on what the predominant flaw is with this set? I assume there is probably some centering issues and maybe surface by the way Topps packed those traded boxes. Just curious...The set seems like a steal @ $4 a set...Thanks.

RE: 1989 Topps Traded Football Barry Sanders BGS 10?
Pristine's are HARD to come by, and the packaging of these cards make it easy for corner and edge wear. You could probably buy 10 sets and maybe get 2 BGS 9.5s if you're lucky
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

well, I recently bought a sealed case. So let's see what happens. Are you saying 2 BGS 9.5 for the entire set or 2 Barry Sanders 9.5?

I'll probably end up grading any good looking Barry or Aikman cards.

2 for the entire set

really hard set to get good grades on

low risk, high reward at the price per set. Hopefully, catch a few 9's

Looks like the first BGS 10 Topps Traded Barry Sanders was graded, same guy got an Aikman 10 too. It's listed on Ebay right now for $2000.

Unfortunately, it wasn't me. However, I bought a case and came away with 40 of 50 Barry Sanders grading at 9.5. Including 5 that were .5 away from Pristine. Those graded 9.5, 9.5, 10, 10. Very close. But I think 40 out of 50 is pretty good ratio for Gem Mint, most have a 10 sub in at least one category. I'll post pictures when I get them on Friday.

Very cool! I need one lol
Arizona Cardinals & Andre Roberts Collector

[Image: g3IbP.png]

Sure, I'm open to trade.

I love that set. I bought a case several years ago, but have no intention of busting it to grade the cards anytime soon. I think it is one of the more underrated and undervalued sets of the 80s, and I think that's in large part to the 1989 Score set taking all the thunder from that year.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I got a barry BCCG 10 outta one of those walmart value packs....lol, too bad their grading is totally useless!!
Sigs curtesy of KoolKellGirl and JDetter!! Thanks a ton!!

[Image: fbqueen1.jpg]

[Image: fbqueen.gif]