`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other collectors drive me crazy sometimes

Other collectors drive me crazy sometimes
I have a Jordan hand signed auto that I posted on another site in a guys thread. I just posted it with a pic and price to see if the guy was interested. My asking price is $120 obo. Obvioulsly this isnt a certified auto or it would be a few hundred more. My problem is, about a dozen people PMed me about it and almost all of them asked if it was certified. Seriously?! How many certified Jordan autos are $120? They obviously liked the card enough to inquire about it. As soon as I told them it wasn't certified, they all passed. I even told them my bottom line. Now I dont care that they didn't want it. It wasn't even posted for anyone but the origional poster. My problem is that these people obviously liked the card, so why not make an offer. I just don't think people care what cards look like anymore just as long as it has a Jordan auto that is certified. Personally, if its a card I like enough to ask about, theres a good chance Im gonna try and get it. Im starting to think these people will buy a turd as long as the Jordan auto is certified on it. What if I told them it was certified, do you think anyone would have told me that it was too low of a price? Um, no! They would have taken advantage of that. Now this is all from a different site, which the people on there are no where near as smart or nice as Beckett members. Someone on this site would have told me I bet. Thanks for letting me rant.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

RE: Other collectors drive me crazy sometimes
I get ya, these people should obviously know better, than to think they found the deal of the century. I personally only would want certified auto's unless I get them signed myself, but that's just me.

I agree. I would want a certified also. I understand that. Im not angry they dont want it, I hate the fact that it was a great card that sooo many people were interested in but when they found out it wasn't certified it turned into the plague... If you like a card buy it or at least make an offer!!! Quit trying to get rich off cards. Collect to have fun or stay out of my way. Go to the Bay and stay off the forums made for us collectors. Selling value, selling value, selling value is all I hear lately. What ever happened to personal value?

So that explains your other comment. lol. Next time, simply post that it isn't certified, it was signed in person (and next time you get one signed in person try and get a pic of you with him) and that you understand with it not being certified that's why you're not asking for $1,000+. I agree that if someone likes a card, an offer should be made. How many times have I asked someone to check me almost KNOWING I didn't have what they needed. I saw someone on here the other day that has about $580+ worth of Pistons I need, all about $15 or more, and yet I know when I make an offer I'll more than likely get shot down. But at least I tried. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I hear what you're saying but it all could have been avoided if you said that it wasn't certified in your post. I don't know what board/forum you posted on, but I can say one of the things I hate with boards and forums and even auctions sites (and not just card related ones) is when someone posts something for sale with no information about it except for a price. Another thing I hate is when someone posts something for sale and says best offer, but doesn't even give a starting price. But that is a whole other can of worms.
One thing to keep in mind is that A LOT of people only want autographs that are certified or that they got themselves in person, simply because of the large number of fakes out there.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

You can get an in person auto certified/authenticated by a third party such a Global Authentics or James Spence. In that case $120 for a certified in-person auto would be an understandable price.

I know you said you were only really trying to show the card to one member in his thread but if you really would like to sell it for $120 then I would spend a few bucks and get one of these companies to certify/authenticate the auto. There are just too many fake Jordan autos out there for people to risk spending $120 on a card that has not been certified.

I was planning on doing that. Im waiting for them to come to my LCS again.