Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conditional Pricing In Trade Tool.

Conditional Pricing In Trade Tool.
Good day, Beckett Community.

I am usually only in the Hockey Boards, but thought that I would share this with everyone!

I have been making some great trades, and have had many offers over the past while, and have noticed something that throws me off. There are residual "Mint (9)" statuses placed on cards that are in our Org. that were "graded" as such when Beckett was questioning the conditional value of cards a couple of weeks ago.

The thing that really throws me is that this rating drives the BV of the card up to 125% (instead of the stated 110%... easier to calculate???), and this is on ALL cards that are marked like this. So in essence, a card that has a high BV of $20 looks to have a value of $25 when in the Trade Tool.

The really wonderful thing (sarcasm) that is happening now is that the cards that we are adding to our Org. after the conditional value controversy are going into our Org. as Nmt. (8), which reflects the true high BV. So now mostly everyone has an array of cards marked at Mint (9), and Nmt. (8) in their Org., throwing things off for our trades. Annoying... to say the least, and it has turned trading into a guessing game!

I have found a way to remedy this, and it is pretty easy... go into your Org. (make sure you are in "All Items") and and hit the arrow on the little box that says "select". When you do this a drop-down menu will come up. Select "Collection", and this will highlight your entire Org. Above "Condition" you will see a blue "Fill" selection. Hit that and then revert your status to "Nmt. (8)" and it will do such for all of the cards in your Org. This will situate your collection back to the default that Beckett now has your cards falling under.

Now... if you do not have the "Condition" column placed in your Org. you can add it by scrolling to the bottom of the screen while in your Org. There you will see "Choose Columns". Hit this and two menu boxes will come up. In these menu boxes you can choose what you would like your Org. to look like (i.e. you can add/remove the picture option; conditional value; Beckett High; Beckett Low; etc.) by hitting the (+) in the right menu box to put a feature into your Org., or the (-) in the left menu box to remove a feature from your Org. Please keep in mind that the space in your Org. is limited, and if you choose too many features it will crowd your Org., or they just will not show up.

I know that other people have become frustrated with this conditional pricing error as-of-late, but this will serve to resolve that. Thanks for the read, folks! Have a great day, and happy collecting!

Randi

RE: Conditional Pricing In Trade Tool.
I agree and this is what Ive done. However...
This is probably one of the dumbest things Beckett has ever done.
I know guys who had 10's of thousands of cards listed for trade that were all kinds of different condition due to a lot of them being older and a little worn or maybe a high bv card but had a small ding or something.
And the reason I say HAD is because they left rather than stay and change every single card in their org that it already took them years to add.
What was the reason for changing this? There probably was no reason. It was probably an "accident" or some non-trading higher up who thinks they know something more than the regular traders on here...
Ive never been one to do a lot of complaining about beckett because I love the way you can add things to your org and keep track of what you have and what you need/want. And trading through the trade system is by far the best way to trade, especially when your trading a lot of cards at once but with every change they are making things worse rather than better.
Enough ranting for now.
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

I have moved to another site to do all my trading, i am not going to pay for a price guide that that most people don't use (ebay prices seem to be the normal value for trades) and even then people end up putting ridiculous values on minor stars ( truck & nationwide series drivers included) if i can get say a Dale Jr. auto #10, (that beckett doesn't price anyways) for less than $100 why would i trade for a minor star and have to give up $150-$250 in value because beckett doesn't list cards # less than 25, i actually find myself on other sites more and more, just my 2cents, but I do love seeing the box breaks , have a great day God Bless
http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x456/scampbell379/
I collect Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken and Stan Musial in base ball and all the OFF Roaders in NASCAR, and bust FB every now and then but no emotional attachment to any of the hits i pull if some thing catches your eye let me know

Your post really isn't informing us here of anything new. We all knew that it happened as soon as it did. But I CAN tell you WHY it happened! Apparently, the actual printed magazines (that most folks can't buy anymore unless they are in a major city or have a subscription), show the HI BV as a NmMT now. Years ago (the last time I bought a Beckett mag.) the newest cards HI BV's were listed in MT (9) condition.
I think that the change is quite F***'d up considering that new cards are only being considered as NmMt from the pack now b/c Topps and Panini are absolutely DESTROYING the hobby of card collecting with their ridiculously horrible Quality Control and Customer Service.
In Racing, Press Pass is the only thing we have and they are BY FAR THE BEST company @ producing quality cards. They also have the best Customer Service!!! This whole hobby is really diving into a pool they can't swim up from. The biggest problem to me is that Racing cards are being lumped into this, even though they should be the exception.
Also, I have been trying to convert my cards' conditions (AGAIN) to the NEW hi BV, but 2 weeks later and I am still only halfway through this. I am SOOOOO tired of converting stats for my 30,000+ cards every 6 to 12 months. The saddest thing to me is that I cannot abandon Beckett b/c I have all of my cards in my ORG, and the forums and trade features are the best of any card-trading site on the Web. I CANNOT trade through PM's. I hate that! It takes so much longer than using Beckett's Trade Feature. OK, I will stop ranting now...
(01-15-2012, 02:18 PM)tonygwynnandcalripke Wrote: I have moved to another site to do all my trading, i am not going to pay for a price guide that that most people don't use (ebay prices seem to be the normal value for trades) and even then people end up putting ridiculous values on minor stars ( truck & nationwide series drivers included) if i can get say a Dale Jr. auto #10, (that beckett doesn't price anyways) for less than $100 why would i trade for a minor star and have to give up $150-$250 in value because beckett doesn't list cards # less than 25, i actually find myself on other sites more and more, just my 2cents, but I do love seeing the box breaks , have a great day God Bless
eBay is also helping to kill the hobby! Nobody is going to pay 60-70% of the Hi BV if they can snatch it on eBay for 30-40%!!! As for your unpriced (on Beckett) cards, do some research into the versions that ARE #'d higher than 25. It is simple statistics to figure out how much a card SHOULD be worth if there are 3 versions of the same card.
My best example:
2010 Showcase Mark Martin Elite Exhibit Triple Memorabilia Melting
I have this one #'d /5
[Image: MMartinEEMHolofoil.jpg]

The regular #'d to 99 is $50, the Gold (#'d to 45) books for $60, the Green (#'d to 25) books for $80. WHAT DO YOU THINK THE VERSION #'d to 5 is worth???

Personally, I book it at just under 2x the Green version. I say $150 is the BV, but I really want to know what others think. EVERYONE who reads this, PLZ respond to this question! BTW, the card is NOT FT!!!

nicely put Spazmatastic, as for values just this weekend I tried to purchase a tony stewart auto for my fanfare master set the dealer had the same price guide as me and wouldn't except the value his gold version "booked" for , so i pulled up the card from the bay recent sales were between low book and mid book (by doing the math) and still he thought it should "book" much higher than it does, see even with the bay putting actual value on a card # less than 25 is an issue and most of the racing stars autos are 25 or less "(like the JJ i pulled on friday) sorry had to brag a little, point is you are absolutely right this hobby is sinking fast. as for the Martin would put it at $100-$120 but i am just starting to collect NASCAR . i got a couple cards that you might be interested in PM me on that "other" site
I collect Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken and Stan Musial in base ball and all the OFF Roaders in NASCAR, and bust FB every now and then but no emotional attachment to any of the hits i pull if some thing catches your eye let me know

(01-17-2012, 04:12 AM)tonygwynnandcalripke Wrote: nicely put Spazmatastic, as for values just this weekend I tried to purchase a tony stewart auto for my fanfare master set the dealer had the same price guide as me and wouldn't except the value his gold version "booked" for , so i pulled up the card from the bay recent sales were between low book and mid book (by doing the math) and still he thought it should "book" much higher than it does, see even with the bay putting actual value on a card # less than 25 is an issue and most of the racing stars autos are 25 or less "(like the JJ i pulled on friday) sorry had to brag a little, point is you are absolutely right this hobby is sinking fast. as for the Martin would put it at $100-$120 but i am just starting to collect NASCAR . i got a couple cards that you might be interested in PM me on that "other" site
You are somewhat on the same path as I am talking about. I do believe that NASCAR is now becoming the TOPS in the card industry. (I do mean the pun and yes I know that I left a 'P' out of that). It was fully intentional!
What you are actually pointing towards is exactly the complaint I have! AND you are on BOTH sides of it! You want the gold version and he is trying to say it is more valuable than it books for. When I got the MM EE Melting card, I valued it @ $150 AND there were NO eBay links to it. I also wanted the card more than anything else I saw.

I was NOT saying that NASCAR cards are depreciating in value though. I think NASCAR cards are creating/seeing more value increase than in any other sport. It's funny that NASCAR can rise in value while MLB (monopolized by Topps), can continue to sink. Topps' MLB and NFL releases ARE the reason that Beckett finally decided to reduce the condition BV's.
TOPPS and PANINI are the reason for the across-the-board reduction in values. I have completely boycotted MLB cards for the past 2 years (b/c of Topps' monopoly) and am nearing a boycott of NFL cards (Topps' QC sucks and Panini's designs are even more horrible). The last cards I bought of either sport was: 2011 NFL Topps Rising Rookies Retail box (it was on sale for about $30); & 1998 Topps Finest MLB Series 2. If you don't count the 2011 RR box, everything I've bought from both sports is from 1998-2008. NASCAR is the best thing to buy if you like collecting cards!!!
TOPPS AND PANINI ARE RUINING THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY. I will try my best to avoid everything they make/print/create until there is more competition or MUCH better designs!!!

Press Pass Racing cards are definitely better than the other companies cards (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL...).

Although I have seen that press pass has started using sticker autos on some of their racing cards - VERY DISAPPOINTING!! I liked the fact that all of the racing autos (at least the ones I have seen) were 'on card' and not the lame stickers.

If Press Pass starts putting out 1/1 cards with a sticker auto (like Topps does), I might have to stop buying them.

BTW Spaz - you sure you didn't jump in here just to brag about your MM 2/5?? Smile

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

(01-17-2012, 03:39 PM)hellsbells Wrote: BTW Spaz - you sure you didn't jump in here just to brag about your MM 2/5?? Smile

Ken
Big Grin
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

I jumped in to Bragg about My JJ LOL.Big Grin

I have collected cards since I was a teenager and am so discusted with the big 3 ,I can't even write about it with out getting ticked off, on that note my daughter saved her allowance all summer to buy a box of FB cards and went with a UD product only to get shorted her auto with a redemption , it has now been 5 months and I keep calling UD with NO ANSWER, the one time I did get through I was told to contact them after the new year ( I did ) only to be told to call back after the 15th and have been calling 2-3 times day with no answer just a message that says "we are closed for a company function" I hope that function isn't moving there headquarters to another state so they don't have to fulfill the "gift certificate" my daughter pulled ( UD was sued and had a judgement against them for redemptions being GIFT CERTIFICATES that you can't not honor no matter how old they are) might be my conspiracy theory mind but why do you think they moved to Las Vegas NV ( they really didn't move just changed address , they have always been in carlsbad Ca

(01-17-2012, 03:39 PM)hellsbells Wrote: BTW Spaz - you sure you didn't jump in here just to brag about your MM 2/5?? Smile

Ken
No. I think I bragged about it enough last summer when I got it. Wink

You should see the card I traded to get the MM (as well as another JJ AU card #'d /25)! Big Grin