`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self-made card + in-person auto (photo+scan)

RE: Self-made card + in-person auto (photo+scan)
(01-22-2012, 02:12 AM)dodgytrousers Wrote: Would you know where I can find a checklist for the Liga ACB basketball cards for 2010 to see if Penney is in there?
In the 2003-04 season Penney played with Gran Canaria, but I believe back then they didn't do any trading cards or stickers.

He signed with Fuenlabrada in July 2011. Now I don't know of a checklist for last year's set, but I do know that A.J. Ogilvy signed with Valencia in July 2011 as well and he was not included in the set. I would doubt Penney would have made it, I believe the cards came out somewhere in Spring.

I spoke to Panini Spain last Friday to inquire about this year's set and the lady told me that for the moment no ACB set has been scheduled. (and for the record, neither an NBA sticker set...)

I have just gone past my LCS and can confirm he didn't appear in last year's set. Also went through their albums with 08/09, 09/10 and 10/11 ACB cards but I didn't see any other kiwi players.

BTW, whereabouts in NZ are you from?

Folkert! Thanks so much for checking all that put for me. That is awesome!

Would have been more awesome if there had been some previously unknown (to me anyway) Penney cards out there but it is nice to get another piece to the European basketball card puzzle. Smile

It is a little disappointing that there is no ACB set this year, not only because Penney will not have a card but because if Panini is not producing a set that may mean that there has been a downturn in basketball card interest in Spain which would be a shame.

Sean Marks is the only other New Zealander to play in the NBA. he played in Europe a bit but I have never seen any European cards of him.

I grew up in Christchurch which is the city in the South Island that was hit by a big earthquake last year. The city is still recovering and unfortunately I have not been able to make it home to see what it going on. I have family still in NZ but they are all safe and were not hit hard by the earthquakes.

There may be other New Zealanders that have played in Europe but not the NBA but that information is often very hard to track down, especially when international players seem to only stay with teams for a year or two on average, before moving on to another league.

Anyway, thanks again for the information. It is a huge help.

That is awesome.. now just get beckett to list it as a 1/1 Big Grin
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

(01-17-2012, 04:57 PM)dodgytrousers Wrote: Wow, cool that Kirk Penney's team was playing Valencia. Funny thing I have never seen him play a game in person so you are one up on me on that count!

Here is a thread, below, I started about Penney less than a week ago. The only European card I have of him was from when he was playing in Lithuania in the BBL. Scans of the card are in the thread.

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1474475.html

Well, keep us up to date with any more games in get to go to and players you get to meet.
Yes, BBL (Baltic Basketball League) has issued card of Kirk Penney in 2006/7 season

Wow, funny to see this post revived. That was my first custom card and I'm now about 250 further down the road.

Krisas, do you have a checklist of that BBL set? I'm curious to know who else was in that product.

No, I don't have a checklist. I have more than 100 cards from this BBL set, and there are many more issued. There were mainly Baltic states players, but there was also Matthew Nielsen from Australia, several players from the US.
By the way, Brad Newley from Australia was playing in Lietuvos Rytas (Lithuania) during 2010-2012, at least I know his card from LKL Beko set of 2011/2012. If I find it will make a scan of both, Nielsen and Newley.

That would be nice! Both Nielsen and Newley played here in Valencia, very friendly guys