`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OUR NEW SHOP UPDATE! SET BACK :(

RE: OUR NEW SHOP UPDATE!
(01-31-2012, 08:38 PM)OD_81_Texan Wrote: maybe that is the one they relocated to Mt Nebo
Yeah there used to be one on mcknight road...we are probably 5 or 10 minutes from that!
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

I don't have much new to add, but thought I'd tell you about the shop here. My LCS has over 4000 sq ft of space, so they have a lot of room to play with. They have all their showcases up front (around 7 or 8) filled with all the higher end cards in magnetics/toploaders with current prices. The back wall is all built-in shelves for the wax, helmets, auto'ed balls, etc. They have bar stools at the showcases so the customers can sit there, stare at the wax, and shoot the bull with the employees. Wink One case is reserved for customer consignments (which I think is a must for any LCS to offer.)

There's a TV in the shop with DirecTV, so they can watch any game they choose. They also have 2 8' folding tables with 8-10 chairs for people to sit and sort through the boxes of singles. All the base cards are sorted by teams, which is nice.

Also up front is the computer where people can look up ebay, beckett, whatever they need to while they are there.

They've got a full 4 shelf rack of snacks (chips, pretzels, candy, etc) and a refrigerator stocked full of different cokes and bottled water. Also a full-size popcorn maker, which is free for the customers if you take the time to make a batch. Wink

The second room has 8 tables with chairs for the Magic tournaments. They also have an entire downstairs/basement they are remodeling to be a gaming-only area. This will make the players happy!! They can hang out in their own space and avoid the sports freaks yelling at the TV! There is a couch in that room as well, but I have rarely seen anyone sit in it.

Bathrooms are downstairs and they are always clean. This is an absolute must for your customers...soap, towels, etc. Seems simple, but I've left places where I've found things growing or living in the restrooms!

If you bust your wax in the shop they provide sleeves and toploaders. If you hit something big, they'll give you a magnetic for free. In the old location they took pictures of all the big hits and printed them out on 8x10 sheet with the card pulled. Those hung in a row all around the top edge of the shelves so you could see what had been hit. (Very cool! Plus I found a card I needed that way!! LOL)

One fun thing they did this year was run an LCS Fantasy Football league. It was a great way to build some camaraderie among the customers and employees and it gave us one more chance to give each other some sh** for the horrible lineup choices, poor performances, injuries, etc. Big Grin

Pretty sure they still have their Customer Rewards program as well...you get 10% off of wax and supplies. Can't say that I know how you join that, I just somehow became a member!

So...don't know if that helped at all, but...there you go! I'll see if I can upload some of my pictures of the cases.

[Image: 1328064286.jpg]

[Image: 1328064317.jpg]

[Image: 1328064348.jpg]

[Image: 1328064385.jpg]
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Yeah we had a 3000sqft location before...just sports stuff! But we found all it did was give us more room to be unorganized ha. Our new location will be around 1200.

We have 11 display cases for cards and a couple others for odds and ends. I think we are only taking 8 of them to the new place because we want to have atleast 20 feet of commons and other boxes on tables for people to look through...our current place is just not set up to have boxes for customers to look through...we did a football league this year with some of the more regular customers. I cant wait to get the new place together. I think it will be a brand new starting point to redo our whole image. Some of you great beckett members should come sort cards for free cards haha!

Update:

The walls of the building are going up! Soon enough there will be a roof above the cement slab! I gotta start sorting the mountains of white boxes full of cards ha

when you open let me know the address and ill stop out one weekend...im looking for a shop that has more to offer than the one in my area...im in youngstown about 45-50mins out from the burgh, so i will come out once you open.

(02-15-2012, 02:09 PM)vinnie900 Wrote: when you open let me know the address and ill stop out one weekend...im looking for a shop that has more to offer than the one in my area...im in youngstown about 45-50mins out from the burgh, so i will come out once you open.
Our current location is open we will just be moving around summer time. Though the current place does not have our full inventory.

I'm not sure if it is feasible from a business side, but from someone that only collects graded cards I would love to see a shop with a display case dedicated to graded cards. The reason I question the feasibility is that I don't seem to find many people that try to stick just with graded stuff.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

(02-16-2012, 11:59 AM)dmasci Wrote: I'm not sure if it is feasible from a business side, but from someone that only collects graded cards I would love to see a shop with a display case dedicated to graded cards. The reason I question the feasibility is that I don't seem to find many people that try to stick just with graded stuff.
We do have graded vintage, key rookies, and local stars. We just sent in a huge order to PSA and im sure alot of that will end up primarily in one area. Most of our customers dont like graded cards so we dont buy too many anymore...but we have to get out nice vintage graded to maximize its profit potential.

The LCS i shopped at had autograph signings. Not sure if this is possible, but it always drew huge crowds and they sold a ton of pictures, footballs and cards for the player to autograph.
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

(02-16-2012, 01:01 PM)brentboudreaux1 Wrote: The LCS i shopped at had autograph signings. Not sure if this is possible, but it always drew huge crowds and they sold a ton of pictures, footballs and cards for the player to autograph.
When we open the new shop we will be ahving signings...the current location its impossible to do it. we had a few at our old old location