`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OUR NEW SHOP UPDATE! SET BACK :(

RE: DIEHARD COLLECTORS OPINIONS WANTED
A lot of great ideas from everyone here, I like to see card shops with a place to sit and bust wax packs or boxes! One of my LCS had a scheduled trade night and it was a huge success! refreshments was also popular at the LCS. I like the T.V. idea too! Great idea for the report card thing too! I also love looking thru huge boxes of singles sorted by team and then player.
I think the whole video a box break is a fantastic idea, You could maybe paint your store logo or store name with your phone number or address on a back drop for the video breaks and get some advertising going for your store!
My wife also suggested maybe a discount to lady customers like maybe a ladies/ wife/ girlfriend discount on singles or packs and boxes for the one's that want to surprise their loved ones that do collect cards!
Good luck on the new shop and please post some pics of the new shop once it's opened!
I collect Emmitt Smith jersey and auto cards!!!

[Image: 128275960523260m.jpg]

My Lil Emmitt Smith PC - http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-899584.html

I am 6'5 and I love how my LCS has wall card displays so I do not have to hunch over for 10 minutes looking for something that I like.

Yeah we do the picture thing when possible. I want to get a polaroid so its just take pic then put it straight up. Weve sent multiple people pulls into beckett but they never got in. And I was thinking about doing a table and regualr chairs aswell...but it also takes up less space. Sweetlou I can say that we havent had many women collectors come into our shop. Idk if their just are not any in the area or if they just dont know about us. And yeah we are probably one of the most people friendly businesses in our area. Not just cards. We have been in business for 20 years so we must be doing something right lol. I just want to bring a new fresh set of ideas to the table. Everyones doing awesome with suggestions! And we have been trying to plan a trade night /pack war night....we just didnt think their were enough takers yet...we dont want to advertise it and 3 people come in who all collect different sports lol. Im sure eventually with the new shop people will change their mind.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

RE: OUR NEW SHOP UPDATE!
The new building is in the works! The frame is up and they are going to start laying brick soon. We are still in the dark of how large the space will be but I am going to make this the greatest shop in the world haha (Probably shooting too high). I have been extensively organizing. It is going slow but is still going! We are also looking into building a official warehouse so my parents basemen and garage can be used in the appropriate way again. I hope that once we get up and going some members who are close enough can stop by and check it out! Once we start getting closer I will take pictures and maybe make a few videos. Including the process of the actual building being built and us taking all those cards to our shop and then finally the end product and a tour of the shop! Any more ideas would be awesome!!!!

where in pittsburgh is it going to be located?
Supercollector of Owen Daniels, Cat Osterman and Arsenal FC

(01-31-2012, 07:47 PM)OD_81_Texan Wrote: where in pittsburgh is it going to be located?
about 15 minutes north of the city. In the north hills

near the sams club?

(01-14-2012, 07:34 PM)chads-cards Wrote: I can say that we havent had many women collectors come into our shop.
My wife was in Pittsburgh today for work. If I would have known you were in the 'Burgh, I would have sent her there. She loves my collection and her father's baseball collection is by far the most amazing I've ever seen. Hes been collecting cards since the late 40's. I thank him almost every day for making her tolerant of me collecting! I guess I'm one of the lucky guys that has his wife stop by the LCS to buy me wax just because.
[Image: steelers.jpg]

(01-31-2012, 08:22 PM)jeremy0998 Wrote: My wife was in Pittsburgh today for work. If I would have known you were in the 'Burgh, I would have sent her there. She loves my collection and her father's baseball collection is by far the most amazing I've ever seen. Hes been collecting cards since the late 40's. I thank him almost every day for making her tolerant of me collecting! I guess I'm one of the lucky guys that has his wife stop by the LCS to buy me wax just because.
well next time she is lmk and ill get you our hours and stuff
(01-31-2012, 08:05 PM)OD_81_Texan Wrote: near the sams club?
no i dont think there is one in the north hills ha

maybe that is the one they relocated to Mt Nebo