`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Help with images

OT: Help with images
Ok, so I need some help. I scanned some cards here at work. I scanned like 5 cards at a time. Anyway, I uploaded to photobucket and cropped them to make them individual photos. But the quality of the photos are greatly reduced. Is there an 'easy' way to split these up while keeping the quality intact?

[Image: PHOTO1.jpg]

That is the photobucket pic, but the raw file is like 3 MB in size, but the photobucket upload is only like 112kb

??
SuperCollecting: Jamie Harper of the TN Titans & Lee Smith Buffalo Bills Patriots 5th rd TE from Marshall. Also TN Titans, Recent Former TN Vols, Ladanian Tomlinson for my 8 yr old son and various others. Sets for 2011 R&S, 2011 Threads, 2011 Inception Base & Blue, 2011 Platinum & Gold, 2011 Finest

RE: OT: Help with images
try photo shop or something like gimp to export individual images while retaining maximum image quality Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(01-13-2012, 10:04 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: try photo shop or something like gimp to export individual images while retaining maximum image quality Smile
Don't have photoshop, and what is gimp?
SuperCollecting: Jamie Harper of the TN Titans & Lee Smith Buffalo Bills Patriots 5th rd TE from Marshall. Also TN Titans, Recent Former TN Vols, Ladanian Tomlinson for my 8 yr old son and various others. Sets for 2011 R&S, 2011 Threads, 2011 Inception Base & Blue, 2011 Platinum & Gold, 2011 Finest

when the pic shows up click on it when the pic is too small it makes it smaller to fit the screen. When you click it it expands to the right size
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(01-13-2012, 10:12 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: when the pic shows up click on it when the pic is too small it makes it smaller to fit the screen. When you click it it expands to the right size
While in photobucket you mean? yeah I know that... but what I'm saying is I have a 3mb image file that when I upload to photobucket it reduces it to a 112kb image file, thus greatly reducing quality.

Use Microsoft office picture manager, you should have that if you have the full office suite

(01-13-2012, 10:39 AM)bostonsports1 Wrote: Use Microsoft office picture manager, you should have that if you have the full office suite
Sadly no, I guess its looking like I need to either re-scan the cards one at a time or just deal with the reduced quality image.

I have an Epson scanner and I scan the same way with like three or four cards at a time. Epson has a preview button feature that does just that (preview) the scan before it scans the image. After I have the preview up I click the locate image button that locates the image you want to scan and then crop the lines around the individual card and then click on the zoom button and perfectly position the crop lines around the card I want individually scanned and once I have it perfect, I finally hit the scan button! Boom perfect individual card scan without loss of quality! Then I hit the preview button which takes me back to the original preview scan with the 3 or 4 cards and redo all the steps on another card. Sounds like alot but once you get the hang of it, It gets easier and faster. Hope this helps!
I collect Emmitt Smith jersey and auto cards!!!

[Image: 128275960523260m.jpg]

My Lil Emmitt Smith PC - http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-899584.html

(01-13-2012, 10:39 AM)bostonsports1 Wrote: Use Microsoft office picture manager, you should have that if you have the full office suite
Scan one at a time... Much better results...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin