Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk Penney
Question 
Kirk Penney
Kirk Penney is a basketball player from New Zealand (where I was born, although I live in the US now) and he only has a few cards listed in the Beckett database.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirk_Penney

Anyway, I just brought a card from eBay that I didn't even know existed.

[Image: vMTRP.jpg]

[Image: cN1oc.jpg]

Penney played for Žalgiris Kaunas, a Lithuanian team, during the 2006-07 season. So I am guessing this card was produced around this time. He only played one season in Lithuania.

Penney has also played in the US, Israel, Germany and is currently in Spain.

This is the league that he was playing in and it appears the cards are related to this league as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltic_Basketball_League

I guess my questions are these:

- Has anyone has seen this card set before and know anything about it?
- Does any one have a checklist?
- Would there be other similar card or sticker sets for other countries?

If anyone knows anything about sets like these please let me know as I would be interested in getting any cards from these types of sets of Kirk Penney or of Sean Marks (another New Zealand player that played in the NBA and then in Poland for a while).

RE: Kirk Penney
Unfortunately I don't, but I will say, I think I like how they represent shooting percentage. I mean, FG% included 3's, so you don't see how good they actually shoot inside the arc. I wouldn't mind US cards doing that, but I think it should be in a better order 1%, 2% and then 3%. That's quite interesting to see.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Yeah I noticed that too, although it would be more helpful if I actually had a card that had real stats. Smile

(01-13-2012, 11:44 AM)dodgytrousers Wrote: Yeah I noticed that too, although it would be more helpful if I actually had a card that had real stats. Smile
lol, agreed.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards