`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad

Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad
Here's a couple of other weird 90's variants that remain uncatalogued. I dont think any of these are scarcer than the other, but just something to put make the purr of your Supercollection that much sweeter....

1996 Ultra Medallion foil variation
Available in 3 colors... bronze, silver, and gold. This one can almost go unnoticed until you shuffle through a LARGE amount of 1996 Ultra. Easiest to tell the variations apart in person... Although, even then, the bronze and silver require major squinting...
[Image: DSCF8758.jpg]

1993 Bowman Foil variation
Available in 3 colors, Green, Gold, Purple... almost impossible to tell from scans/pictures, very obvious in person...
[Image: DSCF8756.jpg]

2001 Quantum Leaf K-Mart Blaster Exclusive
I busted the heck out if 2000 Quantum Leaf hobby/retail (almost 2 full base sets... 350 cards... 4 cards/pack)... I planned to do the same in 2001, but the hobby price was too much for me... and the only place with blasters was K-Mart, which had a special non-foiled version. Wish i bought the blaster now, as these singles are IMPOSSIBLE. so happy I snagged the Marino on accident in a giant lot.
[Image: DSCF8760.jpg]

Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

RE: Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad
LOL thanks for adding more cards to my Favre want list, jerk! Wink
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

lol. Im not mad just have to add more cards to the wantlist lol.

BTW I have the B versions of #450 and #465 so that sucks for the both of us.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Nice I wondered about the bowman cause I have a Barry sanders green and the only other one I saw want lol

I always have trouble identifying retail and hobby
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(01-12-2012, 02:11 PM)uwash97 Wrote: LOL thanks for adding more cards to my SANDERS want list, jerk! Wink

(01-12-2012, 02:11 PM)uwash97 Wrote: LOL thanks for adding more cards to my Favre want list, jerk! Wink
LOL!! +1 ... But at least its kinda fun to chase the varients, and very exciting when found!
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

Ill trade the green sanders Smile

(01-12-2012, 05:25 PM)chads-cards Wrote: I always have trouble identifying retail and hobby
I really wish they had a blurb in the individual card pages or even the set page detailing how to tell the difference with some of them. Not being able to tell the retail/hobby differences without posting the question on here or looking onoine can be frustrating. I don't think they should have it for each set necessarily, but some of the more frustrating ones at least.
[Image: BECKETTBanner.jpg]
Trading for: Baseball Rookie Collection NEEDS | Frank Thomas | Ben Tate | Hideo Nomo | Ken Griffey Jr. (SEA uni) | Current Texans
*Wants marked as such* *NOT CURRENTLY TRADING*

(01-12-2012, 11:24 PM)jacobclark04240 Wrote: I really wish they had a blurb in the individual card pages or even the set page detailing how to tell the difference with some of them. Not being able to tell the retail/hobby differences without posting the question on here or looking onoine can be frustrating. I don't think they should have it for each set necessarily, but some of the more frustrating ones at least.
They do in the almanac. The variations I have shown are not listed ANYWHERE. Even the 2001 Quantum Blasters card.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.