`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is it just me?

RE: Is it just me?
yup.... I will achieve "super collector status" someday .... Im just way took spread out in ALL my hobbies Smile between toys, guitars and cards ..... I think I will start to focus on a smaller group of stuff ...just gotta figure out what makes me the happiest !

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Overused definitely but I don't think there's an abundance of people saying they are super collectors
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(01-12-2012, 04:29 AM)TheLastDude Wrote: When I think "super-collector", I think of a fan that has to have literally everything they can get their hands on pertaining to that team/player.

Cards, jerseys, shirts, hats, gloves, scarves, bobbleheads, helmets, newspapers, magazines, a box of tampons (if they every slapped a team logo on one), toys, posters, ticket stubs, photos from games, etc.

I think that would be a "super-collector". But if you sit and think about it for a bit, that's really no different from anyone else who exclusively collects the merchandise of only a select team or player(s).
Agree with this 100%. I am in no way a Thomas super collector but like Lump - Still gonna use it no matter what you guys say lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I personally hate that people think GU'd and Auto's are now the 'key' cards in a collection. I have inserts and extremely rare Marino's that sell for 4x as much as some of my Marino auto cards and 15x as many of my GU'd, but show a scan of the card, no one cares. I don't know if its a lack of knowledge or a lack of appeal, or may be the newer generation of collector gets told over and over that those are the only good cards, so that's all they care about.
As far as the term 'super collector' I never liked it from day one. Its gimmicky and subjective and has become extremely watered down, even by Beckett. I recall days when i would open the magazine and be floored by the awesomeness... now, I see someone who has a couple auto'd full-size jerseys, a fake Super Bowl trophy, and 50 cards and i'm supposed to be impressed?
And I guess I can hate since dude up and ducked out... but why would someone collecting 50 different QB auto's be featured as a Super collector? Let alone someone who has the task half way done? That's not SUPER. That's a nice idea. Heck, I have not seen a better all-around Marino collection online than mine, and I won't even kid myself into thinking there isn't one better out there. I think my collection is great, but not super. I can't afford everything. Do I like being recognized? Yes, because I have a very complete collection, but I don't think its CRAZY awesome. If I made $50,000 more a year, it would be, but not now. LOL.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(01-12-2012, 09:54 AM)branesergen Wrote: Agree with this 100%. I am in no way a Thomas super collector but like Lump - Still gonna use it no matter what you guys say lol
if you call yourself a super collector can i call my self a sidekick....lol

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(01-12-2012, 10:22 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: if you call yourself a super collector can i call my self a sidekick....lol
Sorry the term sidekick is overused more than supercollector LOL
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

so let me get this straight... I can't call myself a supercollector because I don't have a certain percentage of total PC cards??? that's BS... I consider MYSELF a supercollector of Jordan Shipley cards, as I ONLY collect him exclusively, and my focus and goals are to get EVERY card, signed item, and anything else of him out there I am able to pick up of him... he has almost 1000 cards, it won't happen any time soon, but it is my dream... will I get them ALL??? well no, but I can try...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

With my incoming, I have almost 800 Puckett cards. I woudlnt consider myself a super collector...yet.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(01-12-2012, 10:03 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: I personally hate that people think GU'd and Auto's are now the 'key' cards in a collection. I have inserts and extremely rare Marino's that sell for 4x as much as some of my Marino auto cards and 15x as many of my GU'd, but show a scan of the card, no one cares. I don't know if its a lack of knowledge or a lack of appeal, or may be the newer generation of collector gets told over and over that those are the only good cards, so that's all they care about.
As far as the term 'super collector' I never liked it from day one. Its gimmicky and subjective and has become extremely watered down, even by Beckett. I recall days when i would open the magazine and be floored by the awesomeness... now, I see someone who has a couple auto'd full-size jerseys, a fake Super Bowl trophy, and 50 cards and i'm supposed to be impressed?
And I guess I can hate since dude up and ducked out... but why would someone collecting 50 different QB auto's be featured as a Super collector? Let alone someone who has the task half way done? That's not SUPER. That's a nice idea. Heck, I have not seen a better all-around Marino collection online than mine, and I won't even kid myself into thinking there isn't one better out there. I think my collection is great, but not super. I can't afford everything. Do I like being recognized? Yes, because I have a very complete collection, but I don't think its CRAZY awesome. If I made $50,000 more a year, it would be, but not now. LOL.
Oh this is so true. I think People are only used to seeing 3 or 4 color patch pieces now as Great. But I am with you there are some inserts of Eddie that are HARD as heck to get. Take the Metal works cards. The Metal cards that came out one year. I am missing the Silver and I just can't find that thing. But now if I were to make a post saying hey I found it most people will think it was dumb or a waste of their time to read the thread. But then again remember when Gu cards were expensive? I remember the first Gu card I pulled it was Farve and a 1 color piece. And I was excited with it. It booked like $100 at the time. Now the same card if pulled now would be boring and probably worth $10.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

YES! Its just you man, its all in yer headWink
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.