`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Has anyone else noticed....

OT: Has anyone else noticed....
a certain photo sharing site has been buggy lately? I was using it last night and a message to "continue or cancel" popped up. The message didn't pertain to anything I was doing but hitting cancel wasn't taking it away. ***Now I know better than this*** but hit continue and BAM AV 2010 virus. Dang and it was a nasty one too!!!! Finally got rid of the virus but this site that I mention has been causing me issues lately Sad

Anyone else noticing this?????

RE: OT: Has anyone else noticed....
I didn't have that happen, but on Saturday, I was in the middle of re loading my cards on there and it started acting very slow and confused, I had a hard time rebooting my computer off of the site, so I'm not sure what's going on there, but I hope they get it together sooner rather than later.
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

I havent had a problem with that site lately, but a while back (maybe a year ago) my anti-virus/malware software warned me that the site was potentially dangerous. I suspect an advertiser on their site has been involved in some malware related activities, so the AV program blocked the whole site. They need to be more proactive as to whom they sell advertising to (which of course they wont do - lol)
I think the site itself is safe, just be careful what you click on in there.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

thanks for the heads up T and sorry for your troubles Sad

I'll make sure to run all my scans tonight Sad

I've been having major troubles. I can't even go in an edit...
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

Yeah, I contracted the Win 7 Security virus from that site on Saturday going thru someone's bucket. Thankfully my wife's IT guy got rid of it for me yesterday.
[Image: steelers.jpg]

You can say the name of the site. I want to scan a picture today and add it to Photobucket. Should I NOT do that?
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(01-10-2012, 01:55 PM)all day baby Wrote: You can say the name of the site. I want to scan a picture today and add it to Photobucket. Should I NOT do that?
Just didn't want to get my pants sued off with calling them out, LOL Smile

I've been scanning and adding pics there but just be careful if you get popups from you PC/Anti-virus wanting you to allow or deny a program or action unless it is something you know 100% it is legit or something you initiated.

While I was using the site last night, a little window came up from my system asking to continue or cancel an admin action. Hit cancel like 3 times and it kept popping up ***that is the telltale sign of malware*** Normally a legitimate system operation would accept the option to cancel and not continue to ask.

Hope this helps Smile

(01-10-2012, 05:58 AM)ripkenfan72 Wrote: a certain photo sharing site has been buggy lately? I was using it last night and a message to "continue or cancel" popped up. The message didn't pertain to anything I was doing but hitting cancel wasn't taking it away. ***Now I know better than this*** but hit continue and BAM AV 2010 virus. Dang and it was a nasty one too!!!! Finally got rid of the virus but this site that I mention has been causing me issues lately Sad

Anyone else noticing this?????
How did you get rid of that?
[Image: SanFrancisco49ers750.jpg]
Joey Porter Collector

(01-11-2012, 01:43 PM)MannyEsco Wrote: How did you get rid of that?
Went to safe mode with networking, cleared all temp files/history/cookies, had issues running/opening anything, turned off all startup apps, restarted in safe mode with networking, ran malwarebytes/combofix 2x with admin privledges, stopped and restarted system restore. I am running an additional scan now with Malwarebytes to make sure it doesn't find anything.