`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the difference in these 2 cards?

What's the difference in these 2 cards?
I was watching 2 auctions for the same type of cards. They ended so much apart that I was wandering what the difference might be. I'm needing a couple of more for sets, so was curious. If they're going for $2 then I can afford to buy over there. But if they're going for more than 5X BV, then I'll just have to have to wait and trade.

Any ideas on the difference?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-PRO-SET-Eri...23180e8b3b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Pro-Set-Eri...3a6e965634

RE: What's the difference in these 2 cards?
Color on the first one is REALLY good. Plus the top two corners on the 2.95 one look bad. Pro Set is still HIGHLY collected, you may have to shell out a little bit to get one of these in good condition.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Upon looking a little further, I see the corner wear you're referring to. I'm kinda surprised that anything 1990 is going for that much over BV. I mean, I know Dickerson was a great player, but come on, these are 1990 Pro Set. There was like 6 billion (j/k of course) produced.

Surely, 1990 Pro Set cards aren't scarce enough yet to begin bringing a 5x premium.

Are you aware of the history of this card? 20 years ago the card was selling for over $100 it was a Short Print. I believe they pulled it from production or recalled cases that had it. Anyone who purchases boxes and tries to build this set will need to buy this card. I think 99% of all the copies on the market where smuggled out of the factory.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(01-11-2012, 02:41 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Upon looking a little further, I see the corner wear you're referring to. I'm kinda surprised that anything 1990 is going for that much over BV. I mean, I know Dickerson was a great player, but come on, these are 1990 Pro Set. There was like 6 billion (j/k of course) produced.

Surely, 1990 Pro Set cards aren't scarce enough yet to begin bringing a 5x premium.
That particular card is.... heck, the Lombardi Trophy, with a print run over 10,000, still brings $45-60 at auction. Its not about how many are made, its about how many people WANT the card. Pro Set collectors are old school. They hoard cards. They bust cases at $50-60 hoping to get one of the RARE errors or an even rarer variation that has yet to be discovered. Its a whole different breed. Just giving you the heads up, that way you can end the chase, rather than wait forever to pick one up.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

I knew it was short printed, just didn't know it was such short-printed. And I didn't know cards got pulled after being produced. That seems like a waste of money.

At any rate, I needed 3 of them to finish my 3 sets of 1990 Pro Set. They were in a collection I bought and marked as complete, but each was missing the Emmitt RC and the Dickerson card. Luckily, I a bunch of extra Emmitt RCs, so that was not a problem.

Plus, I just traded for 1 Dickerson and bought 4 others off another site for $1 each. Since I only paid $1 apiece for them, that's why I was curious why they were selling so high.

Just looking at that auction gives me a smile. I traded for the santa Claus card and was so pumped tp get it - smell it - take it out of the top loader and hold it.

The old generation (I was a kid) of collecting cards because they were "totally rad"
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(01-11-2012, 08:27 PM)ugameck Wrote: Just looking at that auction gives me a smile. I traded for the santa Claus card and was so pumped tp get it - smell it - take it out of the top loader and hold it.

The old generation (I was a kid) of collecting cards because they were "totally rad"
Yea, that collection I bought had nothing but 1984-1995 sets. I bought in August of 2010, about 100 different 3,200 count boxes, 1,600 boxes, sets, etc. It's been fun going through and checking to make sure each set is complete. I love those older cards. I still pick up a set from 1985-1992 from time to time becuase that's when I really began collecting.