`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im thinking of doing not 1 but 2 crazy ideas and of course I need help : )
Lightbulb 
Im thinking of doing not 1 but 2 crazy ideas and of course I need help : )
My first crazy idea is just a question.

Do you think I should scan all of my Dan Marino cards? Currently I have 1655 beckett listed Marinos. I was thinking it would be cool to scan each card and log them into photobucket not only so I can show them off but it would be a nice way to keep track of what I have. Its just very time consuming.

My second crazy idea is gonna be expensive. I was thinking of putting together a list of my 150 favorite players. Why 150? Well because I know I wouldnt be able to keep the list at only 100 players and 200 players seems too daunting. lol.

What I need help with is creating the list. I can come up with 50 or so guys in my head but Im hoping you guys/gals can throw out a some names of players from your favorite team from 1984-now. This will be a slow going PC as I will still put most of my focus in the Phins PC but it should be fun adding some non phins stuff to my PC nonetheless.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: Im thinking of doing not 1 but 2 crazy ideas and of course I need help : )
I just did my Eddie George Scans and that was 1615 so I know and felt your pain. What helped me is that I have a kodak machine that allowed me to scan several at the same time as separate files. Which let me tell you HELPED alot. But now all I do is check the Inventory manager and I know exactly what cards I have and what I need. That and once you have them all scanned it is so much easier to do the new scans as they come in. But hey in the plus side hopefully you only have to do Marino.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

Photobucket has an APP if you have a smart phone. Where you can bulk upload really easily and take quick pictures with a smart phone camera. Not as nice as a scan but would save ALOT of time.

As far as players Mark Duper on your list?

Like both ideas unfortunately they are both going take lots of time, thought and $$$$.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(01-11-2012, 01:02 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: I just did my Eddie George Scans and that was 1615 so I know and felt your pain. What helped me is that I have a kodak machine that allowed me to scan several at the same time as separate files. Which let me tell you HELPED alot. But now all I do is check the Inventory manager and I know exactly what cards I have and what I need. That and once you have them all scanned it is so much easier to do the new scans as they come in. But hey in the plus side hopefully you only have to do Marino.
So maybe Im not the only crazy one lol. Are the scans in your bucket?
(01-11-2012, 01:02 AM)warcraftin Wrote: Photobucket has an APP if you have a smart phone. Where you can bulk upload really easily and take quick pictures with a smart phone camera. Not as nice as a scan but would save ALOT of time.

As far as players Mark Duper on your list?

Like both ideas unfortunately they are both going take lots of time, thought and $$$$.
Yeah I would rather just do a scan that way its done forever. I would hate to do the smart phone idea and then change my mind lol.

Time and money are two things I dont have a lot of but if I grab 50 autos a year this will take 3 years. That seems like fun to me.

Super Duper is most definitely on the list!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(01-11-2012, 01:18 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: So maybe Im not the only crazy one lol. Are the scans in your bucket?

Yeah I would rather just do a scan that way its done forever. I would hate to do the smart phone idea and then change my mind lol.

Time and money are two things I dont have a lot of but if I grab 50 autos a year this will take 3 years. That seems like fun to me.

Super Duper is most definitely on the list!
They are in my New Bucket:
http://s799.photobucket.com/albums/yy277...orge/1996/
I am slowly putting them in But I am going 1 Step closer in Crazy I am naming each card by what they are listed. Which is very very time consuming. Check out that Bucket and you will see what I am talking about.
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

Hey Baker...if you want I might be able to do the Excel worksheet for it as well to have it all organized like my Quizz collection. PM me if you want to discuss further
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

Oh as for Players Eddie George I have a few Autos here of him if you need any

I've done the same thing with all my Chris Johnson cards. I also put the title exactly as it appears in Beckett, but I may add something extra to the title like the /xx. I don't have as many as either of you though, but I will one day.

I also do the same with all of my Titans/Oiler AU/GU.

I also have a Kodak scanner that picks up multiple scans. My problem is it doesn't work right most of the time. It definitely is easy to scan the new ones as they come in.

If you focus on 1 player or team, I think it's nice to be able to check the cards out on PhotoBucket. It's time consuming, but worth it IMO.
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/

(01-11-2012, 01:39 AM)gamblersheaven Wrote: I've done the same thing with all my Chris Johnson cards. I also put the title exactly as it appears in Beckett, but I may add something extra to the title like the /xx. I don't have as many as either of you though, but I will one day.

I also do the same with all of my Titans/Oiler AU/GU.

I also have a Kodak scanner that picks up multiple scans. My problem is it doesn't work right most of the time. It definitely is easy to scan the new ones as they come in.

If you focus on 1 player or team, I think it's nice to be able to check the cards out on PhotoBucket. It's time consuming, but worth it IMO.
Oh hey good well wait not good to hear that your Kodak scanner messes up. Mine does too. If I use it too much keeps saying "Can't connect to Computer" or something like that did you change the photo name too? Or just the titles?

My printer just doesn't separate the scan into 6 images every time. A lot of the time it shows just as 1 image that shows 6 cards and I have to fix it to scan only 1. It's a pain when it does that, but it's fairly quick when it separates them correctly.

In PhotoBucket I change the title to whatever the card is listed as in Beckett for my CJ cards. For the other GU/AU, I do the same thing, but list the player's last name first, then first name, and then card year and set as listed in Beckett. It's a lot of trouble, but worth it IMO.
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/