`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT: First Banner, How'd I do? any help would be apprecaited

OT: First Banner, How'd I do? any help would be apprecaited
just tried throwing a little banner together, never made one before as you can tell by the AWESOME cropping skills!, i didnt wanna make it to big but then i couldnt fit some of the superbowl mem/autos in there and the text of "aaron rodgers, mikel leshoure, super bowl mvp autos/super bowl memorabilia stubs, posts, and pylons. How do all you guys crop out the players so perfect? and whats the normal/standard size you guys use for your banners, dont wanna have it too big and upset other members. thanks guys!

RE: OT: First Banner, How'd I do? any help would be apprecaited
i mostly use 200x800 or 260x700. everyone cuts players out different ways. it depends and what program you use. i know if you want a quick cut you can just use the eraser tool
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

The ones I usually do are like 700 pixels wide by 200-250 pixels. Theres abunch of different methods to cropping the players.lol I cheat if I can on most the background with the wand but I always make sure the background is transparent so I can see any spots. I gotta go back and make sure I get everything so I use a really small eraser and go over those spots.Im pretty sure Rogue uses the cutting tool which i'm not good with lol but its always better to blow it up so you can get it better.All of it gets easier to use the more you make and the more you mess around with it.

thanks for the help guys, but if i use the eraser wouldnt it still leave all the white? like if i have it on transparent and for instance with the leshoure, if i erased those parts around his arms and stuff, would it be a white/blank or would the eraser just give rid of the poor crop job and still leave the field? background in tact?

(01-10-2012, 04:35 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Im pretty sure Rogue uses the cutting tool which i'm not good with lol but its always better to blow it up so you can get it better
I HATE cutting more than anything, i actually zoom in about 1,000% and use the pen tool. it takes about an hour for a good cut when i do it that way.
If you use popular players most likely there are a few cuts on the web already.

try google searches like this:

Aaron Rodgers png
Aaron Rodgers render

there's also tons of cuts on photobucket, just search the player name.

(01-10-2012, 04:39 PM)Rjasiak Wrote: thanks for the help guys, but if i use the eraser wouldnt it still leave all the white? like if i have it on transparent and for instance with the leshoure, if i erased those parts around his arms and stuff, would it be a white/blank or would the eraser just give rid of the poor crop job and still leave the field? background in tact?
what program do you use?
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

I never thought about searching for them on Google lol . I do think I used one for Peyton Manning when I sent him an 8x11 to sign,It was a webpage packed with players that had been cut out.

(01-10-2012, 04:42 PM)rogue655 Wrote: I HATE cutting more than anything, i actually zoom in about 1,000% and use the pen tool. it takes about an hour for a good cut when i do it that way.
If you use popular players most likely there are already a few cuts on the web already.

try google searches like this:

Aaron Rodgers png
Aaron Rodgers render

there's also tons of cuts on photobucket, just search the player name.

what program do you use?

i just used the paint program thats defaulted on windows.

"cutting" or Masking all depends on the resolution of the image in question, The background you are trying to isolate the image from will also factor in your decision on what tools or methods to use.... Try to find High Resolution images where the subject is on a contrasting background.... sometimes you may use several tools to do the same thing on 1 project..ie: if there are a lot of straight lines to cut out in one area you can use the lasso tool but another area may have a lot of detail so you may want to zoom way in and erase it or maybe even magic wand it if the colors are different or "contrast enough" ... there is no right or wrong way ...just the way that gets it done and looks good Smile
speaking of which ... I will be getting back to work on my sig list tonight Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

I usually use the image extract on elements 9
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]