`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone else bothered by this?

RE: Is anyone else bothered by this?
(01-06-2012, 11:21 PM)waynetalger Wrote: So do I since I was 14. But I will say I am tryong to quit for the 3rd time
I did stop for about 6 months. I almost got busted for dipping at work. If caught you were fired. Just loaded up,came around the corner and there was a owner of the company. Had no choice but to eat it. My face turned blue and got sick! lol Never again. omg! Well that didn't last long before i'm back on the wagon.

[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

I don't smoke. I can say I have never received cards that smelled like smoke, maybe one day!!!
Besides, my wallet is only big enough for one $10 dollar pack, and it aint cigs!!
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

(01-06-2012, 11:25 PM)talkntribe Wrote: I did stop for about 6 months. I almost got busted for dipping at work. If caught you were fired. Just loaded up,came around the corner and there was a owner of the company. Had no choice but to eat it. My face turned blue and got sick! lol Never again. omg! Well that didn't last long before i'm back on the wagon.
Nothing like getting cought in school. I remember swallowing it in front of teachers and the principles. Turned my stomach but looking back it was thrill of not getting cought
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I used to work at a card shop when I went to college and we would get people coming in with collections looking to sell or trade, and you could spot and smell that smoke stained yellow box from a mile away. Inside the box all you could see was the tops of what used to be white edged cards. It was horrible. I have only received a few smokey cards for trade, but the ones that I did I could tell before I even opened the envelope. So yea I guess it bothers me lol.

Personally, I do smoke occasionally. All my cards stay inside, upstairs, and my cigarettes are smoked outside, downstairs. I can't stand the thought of everything I own turning a nasty yellow and smelling awful. I know it's not the best habit, but we all have something. Just be smart about it. I have no problem standing outside freezing of I really want that fix. Just not worth it to sour everything in your house, cards included
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots

I am a smoker as well. But ive never smoked in my house or in the part of my office where my cards are , so i cant imagine anything ive mailed has smelled like smoke. But i also have a bunch of toploaders stained yellow that cant be because of smoke cuz they've never been subjected to it so i dnt think the yellow stains always come from smokers. the only thing i can think of is if someone just had a cigarette and then packed the trade they were sending , the smell from their fingers could make the toploader or mailer smell i guess

(01-08-2012, 01:24 AM)john1580 Wrote: I am a smoker as well. But ive never smoked in my house or in the part of my office where my cards are , so i cant imagine anything ive mailed has smelled like smoke. But i also have a bunch of toploaders stained yellow that cant be because of smoke cuz they've never been subjected to it so i dnt think the yellow stains always come from smokers. the only thing i can think of is if someone just had a cigarette and then packed the trade they were sending , the smell from their fingers could make the toploader or mailer smell i guess
I don't think that when I see yellow loaders. I just think age. Its the smell that knocks you over when you open the package that I am referring to. The card I got stained yellow on the top was from smoke though. I know that for fact.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html