`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade question

Trade question
How long after I have completed my part of the trade should I wait for the other person to complete their part? They've told me three times they were going to ship out and then I have heard nothing and I have received nothing (they have been on the site with no responses back to me). They have had their package for at least a week now. This was my first trade so I sent first and yes I checked the "warning traders" list too. Thanks

RE: Trade question
(01-05-2012, 11:51 PM)BoiJay Wrote: How long after I have completed my part of the trade should I wait for the other person to complete their part? They've told me three times they were going to ship out and then I have heard nothing and I have received nothing (they have been on the site with no responses back to me). They have had their package for at least a week now. This was my first trade so I sent first and yes I checked the "warning traders" list too. Thanks
send me the ID and their address by PM
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

Some people are just slow at it, it is not proper etiquette but some people just do not have enough respect to send or make the trip up to the post office. Give it a little more time and if you still here nothing report it to a moderator.

I usually wait 2 weeks. Especially now with the holidays just being over. If they've had to tell you 3 times in a week then you've probably irritated them to ignoring your requests. They get your cards, takes a day or 2 to package and mail, 2 or 3 days in transit, take out the weekend. Everyone has different situations and patience is a good thing to have. Myself as an example I just mailed out about 7 trades that I made Friday and Saturday. Monday mail didnt run, Tuesday was my christmas with my Family 3 hours away (6 hour round trip plus 2 or 3 hours there kills a day) And yesterday I had a doctors appointment for my hand that eliminated me being home for 7 hours. So that there killed 6 days. 99% of the time I ship next day but this time things came up.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(01-05-2012, 11:57 PM)branesergen Wrote: I usually wait 2 weeks. Especially now with the holidays just being over. If they've had to tell you 3 times in a week then you've probably irritated them to ignoring your requests. They get your cards, takes a day or 2 to package and mail, 2 or 3 days in transit, take out the weekend. Everyone has different situations and patience is a good thing to have. Myself as an example I just mailed out about 7 trades that I made Friday and Saturday. Monday mail didnt run, Tuesday was my christmas with my Family 3 hours away (6 hour round trip plus 2 or 3 hours there kills a day) And yesterday I had a doctors appointment for my hand that eliminated me being home for 7 hours. So that there killed 6 days. 99% of the time I ship next day but this time things came up.
First, I have patience, I was just asking a question because I am new to the site! I only emailed them ONE time because I had heard NOTHING from them at all. So if my ONE message annoyed them, maybe they shouldn't be making trades. It was also more than just a week. We made this trade BEFORE the holidays. If the person was going to be busy with family and other things then they could tell me that, not continually email me and tell me that they would ship out the following day, then say for SURE I will get it out this day, then that day goes by and I hear nothing. That's what bothers me, if you're going to tell me you're shipping a certain day, I expect you to ship that day, not change it 3 times on me. Being new to the site it makes me feel uneasy.

(01-05-2012, 11:53 PM)floydtown Wrote: send me the ID and their address by PM
I will give him a few more days and if I have still not heard anything by Monday I will PM you. Seems I am just being "impatient" according to some.

First, I didnt mean to come off rude. From your message I had assumed you asked 3 times not that the info was volunteered to you. I came to that conclusion by your remark "they have come to the site with no responses to you" hence the irritation part. It had appeared you were continuously asking. Which obviously you were not. My apologies

Second, Welcome to the site! lol You will find that you wont hear much other than your notifications when others mark their end shipped. Some will send you DC numbers, others wont. Like Card Ripper said some people are slow at it and some will have it there next day.

Again my apologies for sounding rude.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

hopefully it works out fine man. don't get a bad impression from trading on here bc of it. I have over a 100 done in like 4 or 5 months and they have all been a pleasure for the most part. if u wanna make a trade and get ur rating up lets do some trading. I will send first just to show you there are great traders on here.
[Image: vondez.png]
MY 2012 PC GUYS RYAN TANNEHILL, CYRUS GRAY, JEFF FULLER & CASE KEENUM!!!!!!!!BRING EM TO ME!!!
Collect DALLAS COWBOYS, former Texas A&M PLAYERS, DEZ BRYANT & VON MILLER !! Look at my ORG or bucket (ORG ALWAYS UP TO DATE)

(01-06-2012, 12:38 AM)BoiJay Wrote: First, I have patience, I was just asking a question because I am new to the site! I only emailed them ONE time because I had heard NOTHING from them at all. So if my ONE message annoyed them, maybe they shouldn't be making trades. It was also more than just a week. We made this trade BEFORE the holidays. If the person was going to be busy with family and other things then they could tell me that, not continually email me and tell me that they would ship out the following day, then say for SURE I will get it out this day, then that day goes by and I hear nothing. That's what bothers me, if you're going to tell me you're shipping a certain day, I expect you to ship that day, not change it 3 times on me. Being new to the site it makes me feel uneasy.

I will give him a few more days and if I have still not heard anything by Monday I will PM you. Seems I am just being "impatient" according to some.
Still send me the ID and address-I wont say anything to that member unless you say to- unless he's on the bad trader list
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

Give a few days, i been getting all my stuff kinda slow lately but its no biggie. Most of the guys on here that you will see regular are all cool honest fellows. Now i have noticed a ton of folks that dont post but still got a heck of alot of great trades. If your a lil uneasy and all ask around first see what folks say next time. Welcome to the site, have fun and good luck with your cards.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(01-06-2012, 12:51 AM)branesergen Wrote: First, I didnt mean to come off rude. From your message I had assumed you asked 3 times not that the info was volunteered to you. I came to that conclusion by your remark "they have come to the site with no responses to you" hence the irritation part. It had appeared you were continuously asking. Which obviously you were not. My apologies

Second, Welcome to the site! lol You will find that you wont hear much other than your notifications when others mark their end shipped. Some will send you DC numbers, others wont. Like Card Ripper said some people are slow at it and some will have it there next day.

Again my apologies for sounding rude.
Sorry I should have specified I emailed him after he told me he was going to send out those few times.

I am looking forward to trades with other members! Thanks