`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just had to vent about trading

Just had to vent about trading
I get the we all want the best card possible... including Autos and Memorabilia for frigin base RCs... about the only way you can build a set nowadays is to go to ebay. Trying to deal with some of these folks on here are a pain in the junk!

RE: Just had to vent about trading
i hear ya. but didn't you deny a trade i sent? i wasn't looking for anything fancy, just roethlisbergers.

(01-05-2012, 07:14 PM)usafshelland Wrote: I get the we all want the best card possible... including Autos and Memorabilia for frigin base RCs... about the only way you can build a set nowadays is to go to ebay. Trying to deal with some of these folks on here are a pain in the junk!
I agree 100% they want a $20 auto for a bunch of $1 cards, frustrating.
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

Or people dont respond to PMs or trade offers. I have some still open from november!!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

hey i am always willing to swap base of players teams we collect. if thats what youre looking for is stuff to complete sets or just need base rc's/vets. lmk man. i'm game.
(01-05-2012, 07:31 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Or people dont respond to PMs or trade offers. I have some still open from november!!!!
yeah thats irritating more than being denied a trade. at least you know if they say no
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

(01-05-2012, 07:41 PM)rgf17 Wrote: hey i am always willing to swap base of players teams we collect. if thats what youre looking for is stuff to complete sets or just need base rc's/vets. lmk man. i'm game.

yeah thats irritating more than being denied a trade. at least you know if they say no
right now I prefer the people who request 1-2 of my nicer cards, then have maybe 5 low end autos/relics listed FT...even all 5 of them together won't equal my 1 in value, not even close lol Ok, I feel better now, thanks for letting me vent!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

If you ask for 15 base cards of mine, I dont collect base cards, so yeah I am going to ask for something I want. If that is an auto, so be it. Usually wont ask for full value though...

I hate those who dont respond, or just decline with NO EXPLANATION. Also dont like people who ask for other things, like base (or refractors like someone on the board now has), I offer you $40 worth of 5 or 6 cards for one $25 card, you come back and say you want the one refractor I have that is worth $60, I already told you I only want that one card from you, and then you decline and say I dont have anything else you need, when you just said you want all refractors, but wont trade with me because I wont trade you the high value card when you have NOTHING I NEED OR WANT. Sorry, that is just a fresh rant, but really dont like it when there is no explanation at all on a decline.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

Let me shine a light on this - You collect what you want. I collect what I want. Things we dont want go in our orgs for trade. Now the simple question here is why would I trade my junk for your junk? I want to get rid of my stuff and dont want to trade for more junk I dont want. So unless you have $20 worth of Daniel Thomas or Magic needs then there is no reason for me to trade unless I get something else I can move and not more junk. Otherwise its not worth the time and money to send $20 worth of base cards to get $20 worth of more stuff I dont want. My only other option is to cancel the trade and that doesnt help either of us so I try to get something I can deal with. My whole point of this is dont get frustrated when people want bigger things for a bunch of base. Ask for the trade to be in your favor or just smile and cancel Big Grin I currently have a pending trade for $30 worth of cards at $3-$6 a card. Only way for me to make this happen was a $25 RC however I did respond to the person to see if there was anything else he wanted since he was trading a star RC for some smaller cards. He may look at it like you do or he may look at it as an opportunity to get a few more of his needs.

Baker - I wait 5 days then cancel the trade lol No comment no nothing. If they are too busy to respond then I am too busy to wait lol Even tho I have been known to do this myself.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(01-05-2012, 07:51 PM)branesergen Wrote: Let me shine a light on this - You collect what you want. I collect what I want. Things we dont want go in our orgs for trade. Now the simple question here is why would I trade my junk for your junk? I want to get rid of my stuff and dont want to trade for more junk I dont want. So unless you have $20 worth of Daniel Thomas or Magic needs then there is no reason for me to trade unless I get something else I can move and not more junk. Otherwise its not worth the time and money to send $20 worth of base cards to get $20 worth of more stuff I dont want. My only other option is to cancel the trade and that doesnt help either of us so I try to get something I can deal with. My whole point of this is dont get frustrated when people want bigger things for a bunch of base. Ask for the trade to be in your favor or just smile and cancel Big Grin I currently have a pending trade for $30 worth of cards at $3-$6 a card. Only way for me to make this happen was a $25 RC however I did respond to the person to see if there was anything else he wanted since he was trading a star RC for some smaller cards. He may look at it like you do or he may look at it as an opportunity to get a few more of his needs.

Baker - I wait 5 days then cancel the trade lol No comment no nothing. If they are too busy to respond then I am too busy to wait lol Even tho I have been known to do this myself.
I can unnderstand what you're saying and I have no problems with that but I had a trade going where he wanted a $20 auto and a $5 rc and only wanted to give me the same value in $1 cards.
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

(01-05-2012, 08:02 PM)totally sports Wrote: I can unnderstand what you're saying and I have no problems with that but I had a trade going where he wanted a $20 auto and a $5 rc and only wanted to give me the same value in $1 cards.
Whatchu talkin bout willis thats a great deal...for him Tongue lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75