`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Collection

RE: Your Collection
Besides Jordan i collect mainly sets mostly because i like to open product. To me a big part of the hobby is ripping open packs and completing a set.
[Image: jonathancard.png]

You collect Jordan and he's retired. Why would it be different if Kobe or Lebron retired? If that's who you like and enjoy, then keep collecting. Nothing wrong at all collecting retired HOFer's and or "future" HOFer's...

I will keep on collecting once Tim Duncan retires. I don't know if I will add another player to my PC players. I might just focus on Robinson, Duncan, and Gervin. I will keep on collecting Spurs cards, and when the next big Spurs player comes around then I will focus on collecting that person's cards.
[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan

(01-07-2012, 11:54 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: You collect Jordan and he's retired. Why would it be different if Kobe or Lebron retired? If that's who you like and enjoy, then keep collecting. Nothing wrong at all collecting retired HOFer's and or "future" HOFer's...
Jordan is different because UD makes cards of him like he never left, plus he has more stuff out there than anyone else on the planet, lol. I don't know if another company will produce cards of Kobe at the same clip. Another reason is that once I get all that I can, I don't know what else to pick up from him? The retired players cards seem to look the same IMO, so I might not like a lot of the stuff that comes out.
One of the problems I have is that I don't collect sets. I prefer collecting players. The only set I tried to collect was the original adrenalyn set (and I'm not a big panini person, lol).
(01-07-2012, 01:12 AM)taffster74 Wrote: Once the last of my current crop of players retires (likely be aldridge, unless green can come back healthy from his issues), I'll revert my collection to sets. I'll still pick up cards of my players where I can, but there'll be no new player collections.
I can understand that concept.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

IMO once Kobe retires tat gives you a great chance to catch up!
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(01-09-2012, 02:44 AM)chads-cards Wrote: IMO once Kobe retires tat gives you a great chance to catch up!
That's very true.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]