`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st trip to my LCS!

RE: 1st trip to my LCS!
I buy 99% of my supplies from my LCS. I only buy supplies online if I need a huge $100+ order to get free shipping. If I have to add shipping my LCS is a little cheaper than online. Also I try to support the local guys. Im lucky in Cleveland and have more than a few LCS's to choose from.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

oh jeez you r one of THOSE guys..
if i wanted to troll, id log onto facebook...
im here because i love hangin and talking about cards
why r u here?

The same reason, lol, im not like anyone. Actualy a down to earth guy that likes cards, ask anyone ive traded with.

Cheers, maybe weel trade someday.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(01-05-2012, 03:17 PM)sonnyday Wrote: My LCS is about $5 to $10 higher then Blowout or DCS. But its worth it. We talk cards, sports, bonanza, judge judy. He cuts me deals on supplies and individual cards. He is always wheeling and dealing something from 1,000 Brady Jerseys to a Log Splitter to a set of 1949 Leaf! Its a trip going in there and worth the extra few bucks.
I wanna come to your LCS! lol I'D LOVE TO TALK ABOUT BANANZA AND JUDGE JUDY! LOL all we ever discuss is hockey, AND I DON'T EVEN GET HOCKEY! lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Ok guys, so I came back from the LCS and got several supplies. I was, however, disappointed with the owner. I took several cards to see if he would like to buy them. He told me that to put a value on my card, he goes on eBay, checks the last 2 weeks of completed auctions, gets the average price, and will then offer me HALF OF THE AVERAGE PRICE! He tried to talk me into selling him a Harper auto for 50 dollars. yea right! I thought that was ridiculous. He said the same for the guy that came in after me, also had a Harper... I'm glad I got my supplies for cheap, but won't return because of how he tried to rip off two of the customers.
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

Bonanza is still on?
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(01-05-2012, 07:33 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: I wanna come to your LCS! lol I'D LOVE TO TALK ABOUT BANANZA AND JUDGE JUDY! LOL all we ever discuss is hockey, AND I DON'T EVEN GET HOCKEY! lol
He has like a 30 year old tv with A rabbit antenna and bad reception. He sits around all day watching old westerns, perry mason, judge Judy. I've even caught him sneaking in a few afternoon soaps, he quickly changes the channel when someone walks in!
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(01-05-2012, 07:52 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: Ok guys, so I came back from the LCS and got several supplies. I was, however, disappointed with the owner. I took several cards to see if he would like to buy them. He told me that to put a value on my card, he goes on eBay, checks the last 2 weeks of completed auctions, gets the average price, and will then offer me HALF OF THE AVERAGE PRICE! He tried to talk me into selling him a Harper auto for 50 dollars. yea right! I thought that was ridiculous. He said the same for the guy that came in after me, also had a Harper... I'm glad I got my supplies for cheap, but won't return because of how he tried to rip off two of the customers.
In my limited experience the LCS is not the way to go to sell or move your cards unless you don't care and just want them out for some store credit.

Your better off hitting COMC or Ebay for selling

How does he make a profiet buying a auto card for normla price? No crap he's going to low ball you!
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

(01-05-2012, 06:28 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: I buy 99% of my supplies from my LCS. I only buy supplies online if I need a huge $100+ order to get free shipping. If I have to add shipping my LCS is a little cheaper than online. Also I try to support the local guys. Im lucky in Cleveland and have more than a few LCS's to choose from.
I go to Cleveland and surrounding suburbs almost daily for deliveries. Where are the good LCS? I need to kill some time on slow days.
(01-05-2012, 07:53 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Bonanza is still on?
Hoss and Little Joe are still rockin' the Ponderosa on cable. Check your local listing.
I love my LCS. He took over the inventory of three guys that were each grumpier than the other. I get free supplies when I buy a hobby box. People rip boxes in the store and just take the hits and leave the rest, and he lets me have my set needs for free. He gives away promo swag and has pros come in for signings.
Yep. pretty cool store.