`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who collects ERROR cards? check my Favs

RE: Who collects ERROR cards? check my Favs
(01-10-2012, 04:14 AM)9293upperdeck Wrote: nice work. I think Karl malone would be happy to be known as michael jordan. do you have any info on the errors on those cards?
These were all pack pulled back in the day. There are various variations of the Ultra cards in they trying to get the right gold foil prining on them. Had several boxes back in the day that had the wrong front/backs to them. So just a mistake in the printing that never got fixed before they went into packs.
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

(01-05-2012, 04:00 PM)got watcha want Wrote: The only error I have is from 09-10 UD and it is Kobe Bryant on the back as well as the pic on the front of the card. BUT.....it has Von Wafer's name and team on the front of the card under Kobe's pic.

I have heard of many error cards from this set, but hadn't pulled one. A trader on here threw it in on a deal. I think those error cards were distributed only in certain regions. I have not seen any at shows or in local blaster pulls (of mine and friends). Some on this forum act like they are common, so I guess elsewhere they are??? The guy that sent me one said he had two of them.....
Those were pretty common down here in my area of North Carolina. Those 09-10 UD blasters came in yellow boxes (LeBron) and green boxes (Jordan). I pulled a bunch of these errors from two separate green boxes but never from the yellow ones. I have the MJ error where everything is correct except his name on the front says Wally Sczerbiak.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Here's my old thread of my PC error cards:
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1463745.html
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(01-05-2012, 05:47 AM)9293upperdeck Wrote: Hey,

who else collects error cards from any sets? or even odd cards value or no value. Would like to hear your stories.
Below are my favs with scans and brief description:

[Image: 1992-93UpperDeck100ATyroneCorbinERRHeat.jpg]
[Image: 1992-93UpperDeck100ATyroneCorbinERRHeat-1.jpg]
Error: States team as Heat at top of card on front
Correct: States team as Jazz at top of card on front

[Image: 1992-93UpperDeck110ASteveSmithERRJa.jpg]
[Image: 1992-93UpperDeck110ASteveSmithER-1.jpg]
Error: States team as Jazz at top of card on front
Correct: States team as Heat at top of card on front

[Image: 1992-93UpperDeck453AMJordanFACE85ER.jpg]
[Image: 1992-93UpperDeck453AMJordanFACE8-1.jpg]
Error: States he was champion in 1985, 1990 in upper right on front
Correct: States he was champion in 1987, 1988 in upper right on front

[Image: 1992-93UpperDeck454ADWilkinsFACE87ERR-1.jpg]
[Image: 1992-93UpperDeck454BDWilkinsFACE85COR.jpg]
Error: States he was champion in 1987, 1988 in upper right on front
Correct: States he was champion in 1985, 1990 in upper right on front

I will scan the correct version of these cards to show the difference when i get a chance
Bobby Hebert/Bryan Cox (Brian Cox) Error Card

I haven't been able to find anything on an error card that I have. It from the 1993 Skybox Impact cards.

On the front is Bobby Hebert free agent card. It was mis-cut and has about 4 different cards showing on the front.

On the Back of this same card is Bryan Cox #185. His name is also misspelled on the back to Brian. I have seen some info on this card but never with Bobby Hebert mixed with others on the front.

If anyone has any information on this please let me know. I have been looking everywhere and cant find anything.

I will try and post a picture of this card later. Very unique.

I cannot comprehend how companies worth as much money as card companies are can let errors go through. (Of course, Topps makes them on purpose with baseball and calls them, "variations".) As I tell my students: If you are producing so much product that you have no time for quality control, you're producing too much product. Focus on what you can handle.

Still, it is fun finding this little gems. Thanks for sharing!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.