`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes I hate selling cards.

RE: Sometimes I hate selling cards.
(01-03-2012, 06:33 PM)onemanstanding Wrote: So here is the deal sold a card on that OTHER site on the 20th of December Delivered on the 23rd all shipping done through PayPal. Buyer contacted me today asking where their card was and I politely explained to them it was paid for on the 20th and delivered on the 23rd.

Their PayPal account is verified and confirmed shipping address, so technically I should be protected under the seller protection thru PayPal. I do keep all my PayPal emails including payments and shipping details just for this reason.

They replied back with:
I'll check again but I have gotten everything else except that card...
I'll get back to you.....
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly

And I replied back with this:
Your very welcome I also noticed you purchased a lot of cards during that time period so you may have misplaced it but I held up my end of the sales agreement, it was paid for on the 20th and delivered in 3 days so once it shows delivered it is out of my hands. You may want to talk to your postal carrier if for some reason you have not found it

Have I done everything thing to protect myself? Will I get a negative feedback if they file a claim and PayPal rules in my favor or will they rule in my favor? I do not feel I should be out 160.00 for something out of my control.

Sorry for the book any and all input is welcome.
I don't know man.. I would be worried.

I had someone buy 4 cards from me. I had DC on it and the buyer claimed he rec'd 1 of the 4 cards. Ebay made him send me the card he did rec. and gave him his money back...

And here i sit out 3 cards and $200....
Ticked me off also. Those 3 cards was PC stuff...........

(01-03-2012, 06:54 PM)warcraftin Wrote: Did you offer insurance? If you offered insurance he chose the cheaper method. Inform him as nicely as possible and bad mouth the post office so he turns his frustrations on them and not you.

Insurance is not the responsibility of the buyer anymore. And you can't add it to your auctions either.
It is up to the seller to supply that.

(01-03-2012, 08:00 PM)warcraftin Wrote: I agree, and rethinking if the buyer paid with a CC then he can just dispute the transaction with his CC company which will bypass whatever ebay and paypal want to do.
Actually. CC's Charge backs are easier to deal with. If they see an item has been del'd they will drop the charge back.

Well I just received a positive feedback from the Buyer so I guess I will take this one as a lesson learned!
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

(01-03-2012, 10:10 PM)onemanstanding Wrote: Well I just received a positive feedback from the Buyer so I guess I will take this one as a lesson learned!
Lucky you huh.... lol

(01-03-2012, 06:42 PM)all day baby Wrote: I bet everything will be ok.
I told you so. Wink Congrats!
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(01-03-2012, 06:54 PM)warcraftin Wrote: I think if it is under $250 you will be ok from a liability standpoint as long as you don't have a track record of similar instances. I believe anything over $250 requires a signature. If the guy really didn't get it then you will probably get a Negative. Did you offer insurance? If you offered insurance he chose the cheaper method. Inform him as nicely as possible and bad mouth the post office so he turns his frustrations on them and not you.
You can't charge the buyers for insurance on ebay, you haven't been able to do that for years now. If you want insurance as the seller, you buy it yourself.

Glad it turned out okay.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos