Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading in the New Year
Photo 
Trading in the New Year
My plan for Trading, Selling and Giving cards down to ZERO.

To accomplish this I have to change the way I do business here and on other sites to fit my current life circumstances. Here is what I am going to do:
1) Start Trading/Selling from my Desktop only. My org will be open only for Current Issues (2006 to Date). The rest will be held as PRIVATE until a time when they can be shown.

2) Limit trades to Ten(10) cards or less. Mostly, a thread will be started with single cards to large Lots. If there is no interest after a few days, they will be pulled and sold/traded on another site (not ebay).

3) Stop dealing with "Time Wasters". Anyone who hits every thread with "Check Me" or "CMO" will be ignored, not wasting time on lazy traders who have nothing to offer but want everything they see. If You want High End items, then have something High End to trade.

4) Getting to the PO even once a week can, at times, be a problem for me. If you can't stand the idea of waithing more than one day for me to deliver, then PLEASE don't start a trade. I am a SLOW SHIPPER most of the time.

Lol, will anyone even read this or care? Who knows! but I thought I should make the effort to let others know what it going on with me and some adjustments that had to be made. Lack of time/space and the fact that I'm just getting OLDE had a lot to do with Trading in the New Year.

Trade On and Happy New Year!...Mel
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

RE: Trading in the New Year
Happy New Year to you too Mel!!

P.S. the Cobb is still available, lol.

Sounds like a good plan - Happy New Year from England.

Best Wishes - Bob
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector

I think its a cool plan you have set for yourself. I myself think that if you are looking to trade,then atleast ship the same week. I know alot of people are busy but the ones who do a deal,and take over a week or longer to ship but are active on the boards in my opinion are just lazy. Or those people you submit offers to and it goes days and days and no response or communication are the ones who should stop trading. I also love the ones who don't read the threads that says "please submit trade offer" and they write please check me. lol. I'm with ya man. Can be annoying.

Happy New Year!
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

I'm with Mel, I sometimes work 70 hours a week, and odd hours at that...some weeks are impossible to get to the PO w/out sacrificing much needed sleep.

BTW Mel, I'll be checking your org soon
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

Hey Jim, long time no read, my friend. Have picked up a couple Pirates cards. My org is mostly shut down, the exception being 2006 to date. The rest is still being worked on. Happy New Year, good to see you are still around...Mel
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel