`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New and Need Help Starting my Collections

New and Need Help Starting my Collections
Hello everybody. My name is Tim and im just starting out with the card collecting thing. I had a few cards as a kid and now i want to take it seriously. Im looking to collect any rookie auto cards starting in 2008 also any nfl auto cards starting in 2008. i know its weird year to start.
My man focus will be Eagles Le Sean Mccoy and Jeremy Maclin Casey Matthews and last Houston Texans Ben Tate he is from my area.

Please help me get Started and point me in the right direction

Like which cards to buy and which not to

Please Help
Collecting NFL Cards For My PC

Mainly Trying to collect LeSean McCoy cards but will collect any good cards

My Bucket
http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq74/jigga_17b/

RE: New and Need Help Starting my Collections
look for serial numbered Rookie Cards (autos,gameused,base,inserts) their other stuff will not be worth as much. Playoff Contenders and Sp Authentic are always popular. Limited, Triple Threads, National Treasures always have cool stuff as well. Good Luck.
[Image: vondez.png]
MY 2012 PC GUYS RYAN TANNEHILL, CYRUS GRAY, JEFF FULLER & CASE KEENUM!!!!!!!!BRING EM TO ME!!!
Collect DALLAS COWBOYS, former Texas A&M PLAYERS, DEZ BRYANT & VON MILLER !! Look at my ORG or bucket (ORG ALWAYS UP TO DATE)

(12-31-2011, 04:30 AM)bpab16 Wrote: look for serial numbered Rookie Cards (autos,gameused,base,inserts) their other stuff will not be worth as much. Playoff Contenders and Sp Authentic are always popular. Limited, Triple Threads, National Treasures always have cool stuff as well. Good Luck.
thanks for the reply man i know aleast of people dont reply to new people when you say sp do that mean Short Print and also do you mind if i add you to my friend list.

My Bucket

(12-31-2011, 04:40 AM)integraboy Wrote: thanks for the reply man i know aleast of people dont reply to new people when you say sp do that mean Short Print and also do you mind if i add you to my friend list.
Sp authentic is a brand...but when you see sp in a description of card then it does mean short print. feel free to add me as a friend. hopefully you can get up and going on this site because it is a lot of fun and there are some great collectors on here....BEWARE: VERY ADDICTING! lol
[Image: vondez.png]
MY 2012 PC GUYS RYAN TANNEHILL, CYRUS GRAY, JEFF FULLER & CASE KEENUM!!!!!!!!BRING EM TO ME!!!
Collect DALLAS COWBOYS, former Texas A&M PLAYERS, DEZ BRYANT & VON MILLER !! Look at my ORG or bucket (ORG ALWAYS UP TO DATE)

Welcome aboard Tim. There's lots of helpful people here, don't be afraid to ask questions. Look through the box breaks and trading forums to see what types of cards you like, that should be a good start.
Take a look at this thread, there's a few links that will help you get the hang of the site. Be sure to look at the "Looking for these members" thread in trading.
Start trading small, with established members who have been here a while, look at feedback and don't be surprised to be asked to send first for a while since you are just getting started.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

hope you catch the collecting bug fast! im sure you will theres some awesome stuff out there
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

I thank u all for the support I will keep u all I mind for any question I my have and I will add you all to the friends list. Hopefully I can help u guys find something that may interest you. I think I'm gonna try to get some rookie auto card and focus on getting Le Sean McCoy cards Jeremy Maclin cards Casey Matthews and last Ben Tate cards. I love the eagles in gerenal but you cant just go buy a box of cards and get all of them in it. I like the excitement of buying a box and not knowing what u got til you open it. If figure that I could just sell off what I dont want if I buy a box I'm not rich so I was considering a couple hobby boxes what do y'all suggest sorry if I sound dumb with the questions

My Bucket

(12-31-2011, 06:12 AM)integraboy Wrote: I thank u all for the support I will keep u all I mind for any question I my have and I will add you all to the friends list. Hopefully I can help u guys find something that may interest you. I think I'm gonna try to get some rookie auto card and focus on getting Le Sean McCoy cards Jeremy Maclin cards Casey Matthews and last Ben Tate cards. I love the eagles in gerenal but you cant just go buy a box of cards and get all of them in it. I like the excitement of buying a box and not knowing what u got til you open it. If figure that I could just sell off what I dont want if I buy a box I'm not rich so I was considering a couple hobby boxes what do y'all suggest sorry if I sound dumb with the questions
my advise, start small ..... buy what fits your budget and work from there.

Too many people get caught up in the "investment" part of the game, and forget why they started collecting in the first place. If you think you're going to have great breaks every time you bust a box you'll be extremely disappointed and will probably leave the hobby in a hurry.

Topps Chrome, Panini Elite are two brands that are "staples" of the industry and usually hold their "value" well. You can get blasters (small boxes) at Wally's World or Target, or if you have a store locally Hobby boxes will give you more guaranteed hits for your money.

One thing we love to do is buy whatever's on "clearance" ..... the hobby is based on the "now", folks get caught up in what's new and "hot" but if you're looking to start to build a collection buying older clearance boxes will give you more bang for your buck IMHO Smile

(12-31-2011, 09:08 AM)pbean Wrote: my advise, start small ..... buy what fits your budget and work from there.

Too many people get caught up in the "investment" part of the game, and forget why they started collecting in the first place. If you think you're going to have great breaks every time you bust a box you'll be extremely disappointed and will probably leave the hobby in a hurry.

Topps Chrome, Panini Elite are two brands that are "staples" of the industry and usually hold their "value" well. You can get blasters (small boxes) at Wally's World or Target, or if you have a store locally Hobby boxes will give you more guaranteed hits for your money.

One thing we love to do is buy whatever's on "clearance" ..... the hobby is based on the "now", folks get caught up in what's new and "hot" but if you're looking to start to build a collection buying older clearance boxes will give you more bang for your buck IMHO Smile
Thanks for the inside and out I'm go shopping for a couple blaster packs and if I see some clearance set I may pick them up I'll post later what I come up with what's the best buy to sort ur cards once you buy them

My Bucket

Hey, welcome! The members that have posted so far have given great advice. As far as what to collect, I would just collect of your players what you like that fits your budget. (I know it is tempting but never go over your budget)
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/Kylebucksfan/
Collecting Andy Dalton, Tyler Eifert, Jermaine Gresham and Bengals

[Image: Bengalsnightbanner_zps050bbaf3.jpg]