`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many of you...

RE: How many of you...
Die hard Phillies fan. Not born in Philly but raised there. I'm the biggest all-around sports fan in my family (baseball, football, hockey, etc, etc...) No one in my family watches baseball. Believe it or not 2 of my 3 favorite players don't play in Philly. They are George Brett and Jeff Bagwell. My first of course is Mike Schmidt.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

(12-28-2011, 11:57 AM)ryancholden Wrote: I'm curious. I assume that most of the people in this forum and those that are collecting baseball cards are pretty big baseball fans. My questions are about your rooting intrests:

1) How many of you are fans (diehard, fair weather or otherwise) of one particular team?

2) How did you get to rooting for that team? Were you born into it (maybe your dad rooted for the team)? Did you move to a city with a team?

3) How many of you have a favorite player that is NOT on your team?

1) Die hard Yankees fan

2) I been a Yankees fan since 1986. I don’t remember how but I remember watching a Yankees/Red Sox game on TV in Indiana. My dad was rooting for his Red Sox (he's a Cubs fan but he roots for the Red Sox when the Cubs are not playing) and I happen to watch Ron Guidry pitch. It was something about the way he pitch I became a fan immediately. Since then I have been die hard Yankees fan since.

3) All my favorite players have at least played a half a season with the Yankees the only player that did not play for them is Mike Sweeney.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

These are all very interesting to read! I grew up in Iowa (Davenport), so we had many Cardinals and Cubs fans in our area. When I was 10 years old, I liked to follow Ryne "Ryno" Sandberg (my 4th grade math teacher nickname me Ryno) and the Cubbies. However, my grandfather on my mother's side has a long heritage of rooting for the White Sox, and since I played 3rd base, he suggested that I follow Robin Ventura and the White Sox. So from 1992 - 1995 or so, my favorite players were Ventura and Thomas, and I loved the White Sox. Once I hit my teens, I played a ton of baseball, but never really followed a team, though I was always annoyed by the Cubs fans in the area. A couple years ago I started getting back into the game, and have been trying to find a team to root for...I think it would be fun to follow a team day-in and day-out through a season, but I really haven't found untill recently. As it turns out, my entire family on my mother's side (The White Sox fans) were a complete bunch of a-holes. I now live in northern Iowa where we have a lot of Twins fans.

Long story short (sorry), my wife's family has Cubs roots back to the early 1900s. Her great grandmother watched WGN on TV until her dying day (lived into her 90s). So my son has really taken a love of the Cubbies, and this Christmas he had a lot of Cubs "stuff" for his bedroom. So there it is. 29 years of being a wandering baseball fan...a purist, and lover of this unique game's intrecacies, and brought to my rooting interest through my 7 year old son's love for his beloved "Cubbies".
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

Diehard Yankees fan, born and raised.

Can always remember a Yankees penant?? on my bedroom wall growing up, and my older brother is also a Yankees fan. I guess sharing a room with him payed off.

My favorite player is from the Yankees

I'm a Die hard Florida (Miami) Marlins Fan

I became a fan of the team when we moved to Florida and thats the yr they came into the league.

My favorite non-marlin is Adrian Gonzalez! I meet him when he was with the double AA team which was the Carolina Mudcats. The following week he got traded to Texas and then the Padres and finally the Red Sox. I like to think of myself as a supercollector but I can't afford his new cards because people have more money than I do. LOL
Always collecting Adrian Gonzalez and Florida Marlins

[Image: gonzalezstantonbanner.jpg]

Die Hard Yankees fan. Born and Raised.

Favorite Player: Nolan Ryan
[Image: yankees2copy.jpg]

Die hard cubs fan
was born into being a cubs fan
also a pirates fan
Andrew Mcutchen is my favorite player
collecting Cheslor Cuthbert.
I can 50/50 midwest league autos.
[Image: chesbatting-2-1.jpg]

(12-28-2011, 11:57 AM)ryancholden Wrote: I'm curious. I assume that most of the people in this forum and those that are collecting baseball cards are pretty big baseball fans. My questions are about your rooting intrests:

1) How many of you are fans (diehard, fair weather or otherwise) of one particular team?

2) How did you get to rooting for that team? Were you born into it (maybe your dad rooted for the team)? Did you move to a city with a team?

I am a true die hard fan of the texas rangers!

I began rooting for the rangers ever since i was about 5 years old. My grandmother taught me about the game about that age. My dad and 2 uncles have taken me to more games than i can count over the first 25 years of my life!

My favorite player growing up was Ivan"Pudge" Rodriguez! The greatest catcher ever to play the game probable only second to Bench or Yogi. Currently my favorite player would definetly be Ryan Braun! Even with him testing positive i am standing by the hebrew hammer.

I am a die-hard Royals fan! I guess that means I am far from fair weather. I grew up loving the White Sox cause of Frank Thomas (whom I Super Collect). It was impossible not to root for the home team though as well when I was at games all the time. So once he left the Sox I had no excuse not to love the Royals more and more. Don't get me wrong, there is a soft spot for the Sox still but I am a Royals fan for life.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

1. Year round Dodgers fan.
2. One word "Fernandomania". In the summer of 1981 I was 7 and a half and I remember sitting with my mom watching the Dodgers on TV. My dad would fall asleep watching(still does) and it would be my mom and I. By then I really started liking Steve Garvey, still do.
3. look at my signature.