`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly the worst shipping cost I have seen....So far

RE: Possibly the worst shipping cost I have seen....So far
i noticed on other things people will put like 99 bucks for shipping and the item will only sell for 15-20 bucks. Is this some way of trying to screw the system or something?
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(12-26-2011, 03:29 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: i noticed on other things people will put like 99 bucks for shipping and the item will only sell for 15-20 bucks. Is this some way of trying to screw the system or something?
Doing it that way saves the seller a TON of fees as feebay doesnt put a fee on shipping... It can get you in some hot water though...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(12-26-2011, 03:29 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: i noticed on other things people will put like 99 bucks for shipping and the item will only sell for 15-20 bucks. Is this some way of trying to screw the system or something?
Actually it is, and my thoughts were they were not allowing people to do it,but apparently only some are allowed to

[Image: StarWars10-1.jpg]
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

(12-26-2011, 03:38 PM)Duchovny2 Wrote: Actually it is, and my thoughts were they were not allowing people to do it,but apparently only some are allowed to
i dont see it as bad as it use to be anymore but youll still see it here an there, usually stuff in guitars and musical instruments, sometimes electronics type stuff

(12-26-2011, 03:36 PM)superynaldo Wrote: Doing it that way saves the seller a TON of fees as feebay doesnt put a fee on shipping... It can get you in some hot water though...
They changed that earlier this year - Ebay fee is based on TOTAL (item price + shipping) - so there's no real incentive for a seller to do this any more.

That's not to say there aren't still some doing it, but they don't get anything out of it any more (except most likely dinged feedback from buyers who don't read the listing carefully)

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(12-26-2011, 05:39 PM)ceocards Wrote: They changed that earlier this year - Ebay fee is based on TOTAL (item price + shipping) - so there's no real incentive for a seller to do this any more.

That's not to say there aren't still some doing it, but they don't get anything out of it any more (except most likely dinged feedback from buyers who don't read the listing carefully)
good to hear that...Smile I HATE crooks... both ways...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(12-26-2011, 05:39 PM)ceocards Wrote: They changed that earlier this year - Ebay fee is based on TOTAL (item price + shipping) - so there's no real incentive for a seller to do this any more.

haha, ya trust me man there have been more then a few times in the past were i was like wow that's a great deal. almost put in my max offer before checking the shipping, location etc. Fortunately i am a bit of a penny pincher and that slows me down long enough to find an excuse to not spend money just yetWink

(12-26-2011, 03:36 PM)superynaldo Wrote: Doing it that way saves the seller a TON of fees as feebay doesnt put a fee on shipping... It can get you in some hot water though...
Hey mr know it all.

ACTUALLY. Ebay DOES charge you on shipping now. And has for a few months now.