`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for investors

RE: Question for investors
(12-25-2011, 09:06 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Plus coins and stamps don't generally feature a guy that can have a career ending injuey and render them all worthless in that 10 year proposed time frame. They're just different animals.
Maybe I should have been more specific. I was really thinking about 'vintage' rookie cards of retired players, eg., Namath, Montana, Dorsett, Payton, or whoever strikes your fancy. Their careers are over and the market has determined their cards have substantial residual value because of their popularity and body of work.

IMHO, if one can't double their money in 10 yrs (let alone break even) it's not a very good investment.

Therefore, perhaps the most astute observation posted here was that it's "dumb" to invest in cards - no matter how collectible or popular they appear to be.

RE: Question for investors
(12-25-2011, 09:27 PM)Grigsby3 Wrote: Maybe I should have been more specific. I was really thinking about 'vintage' rookie cards of retired players, eg., Namath, Montana, Dorsett, Payton, or whoever strikes your fancy. Their careers are over and the market has determined their cards have substantial residual value because of their popularity and body of work.

IMHO, if one can't double their money in 10 yrs (let alone break even) it's not a very good investment.

Therefore, perhaps the most astute observation posted here was that it's "dumb" to invest in cards - no matter how collectible or popular they appear to be.
Exactly!!! +1!!!
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin