`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What do you want the card companies to stop doing or do next

What do you want the card companies to stop doing or do next
What are some of your complaints about the hobby or hopes for the hobby that you want the card companies to change or fix. Hopefully someone with enough input will listen to there loyal customers and give us what we want.

!!!!!! LET THE RANTS BEGIN !!!!!!!!!
Memorabilia Card Rant

I totally agree that the jersey cards have become so meaningless that it’s sad. Real collectors want real memorabilia. Base cards have become meaningless. I just throw them away to help cut down the supply for those that collect them.

The plain fact back when memorabilia cards were new it was a great thing. But now I'm surprised that long snappers don't have memorabilia cards.

Memorabilia cards should be just like in the name "MEMORABLE".
Stop producing event or player worn cards, everyone knows it's just cheap hits that you can mark on the packages and you force the player to wear 20 jerseys so you can say that it was worn.

I want real memorabilia in my cards. I want to say that this card has a little piece of blood and sweat from Tom Brady when he played which ever team this day or that day.

That way I have a connection of seeing the game and holding a piece of it. I would pay huge amounts for real memorabilia like that.

How many of you would love to see a jersey card with some grass stains on it form one of your favorite players form a game that you saw them rush, pass, or catch the game winning TD or break a record?
Now that's real MEMORABILIA.

RE: What do you want the card companies to stop doing or do next
Cut down on all the parallels. I like having a few different colors or versions of a card but a parallel of and insert is just getting too much
Current projects:
2014 Topps Heritage
2012 Gypsy Queen master set
Super Bowl Winning QB autos
1965 Topps baseball[Image: fellerryanben_zpse6968d67.jpg]

(12-24-2011, 11:37 AM)durfeecoach1 Wrote: What are some of your complaints about the hobby or hopes for the hobby that you want the card companies to change or fix. Hopefully someone with enough input will listen to there loyal customers and give us what we want.

!!!!!! LET THE RANTS BEGIN !!!!!!!!!
Memorabilia Card Rant

I totally agree that the jersey cards have become so meaningless that it’s sad. Real collectors want real memorabilia. Base cards have become meaningless. I just throw them away to help cut down the supply for those that collect them.

The plain fact back when memorabilia cards were new it was a great thing. But now I'm surprised that long snappers don't have memorabilia cards.

Memorabilia cards should be just like in the name "MEMORABLE".
Stop producing event or player worn cards, everyone knows it's just cheap hits that you can mark on the packages and you force the player to wear 20 jerseys so you can say that it was worn.

I want real memorabilia in my cards. I want to say that this card has a little piece of blood and sweat from Tom Brady when he played which ever team this day or that day.

That way I have a connection of seeing the game and holding a piece of it. I would pay huge amounts for real memorabilia like that.

How many of you would love to see a jersey card with some grass stains on it form one of your favorite players form a game that you saw them rush, pass, or catch the game winning TD or break a record?
Now that's real MEMORABILIA.
+1
[Image: 49ers.jpg]

(12-24-2011, 11:37 AM)durfeecoach1 Wrote: Base cards have become meaningless. I just throw them away to help cut down the supply for those that collect them.
Thanks for the help, lol.

[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

Single color "prime" patches. Also why can't they orient the front and back of the card in the same direction? I HATE when the backs are upside down. Finally card numbers should be in one of the upper corners on the back of the card, and be clearly visible. OK rant done. I'll stop shaking my cane now.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Well i would like to see some more of what panini did with the gold standard by introducing new ideas like the gold and diamond embedded cards. Why does it always have to be a piece of jersey, glove or football? Not a thing wrong with that, but it would be nice if the product had actually seen a game or two.

Maybe do something different for a change, and not those cheap china quality video cards either. Take a card sized piece of a real game used football and make some super rare cards onto it. Embed some actual turf or real grass in a miniature display in a card(similar to those lil sand bottles trinkets but square) and call it war zone or something catchy, for all 32 teams.

There is still a ton of stuff that can be done if you are passionate about it and open your mindWink

Excuse me while i kiss the sky-Jimi Hendrix
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

I like what exquisite does with the gold ink autos and press pass does red blue and balack, and now gold standard has silver, but let's add some more color.

Green for the Packers and Jets, or Organge for The U players or Pink autos for breast cancer month.

But one more thing on autos, why, why, why does someone need to sign 1550 autos for one set (platinum I'm looking at you) and then another 500 for another. I', surprised these 6th and 7th rounders can even catch passes while dealing with carpal tunnel syndrome.
Also bring back the box topps. I miss 02 and 03 Absolute, Turkey Red cabinet cards, UD Portraits etc.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

Like you were saying, scrap the event worn crap except if an auto is also involved on the card.

Cut down on the parallels. Only parallels I wanna see are for example: xxx/499, xx/25, 1,1.

Tell us what game the game-worn jersey came from.

ALL on card autos.
I collect SP Authentic, Contenders Rookie Tickets, National Treasures, Adrian Pe
terson, Percy Harvin, Brett Favre(Vikings), Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau, and Aaron Hicks.

Bring some value back to some inserts by not making as many of them. The best card when I was a kid was a Jordan Ultra Scoring kings ,no auto, no nothing on it but it was so hard to find.Bring something like this back where these inserts look good but also have some value. Def get rid of serial numbered cards above like 499 like rubber band man said lol and def no rc autos numbered to 2150 like Prince Amukamaras was in platinum.Oh and Topps bring back magic next year!

In NASCAR products they've been grinding up race used tires and using it to make the ink of certain cards:
[Image: p2055494dt.jpg]

I'm sure thered be ways to innovate that to other sports.

Also, There have been some sets in wrestling where they have printed the images on event-used ring canvas
[Image: KGrHqYOKiQE4TeU7ZCcBOGNipVekg_35.jpg]
It'd be really cool to see them turn a football into one of these, with the card printed on the pigskin!

[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75