`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this worth submitting to BGS or BVG

RE: Is this worth submitting to BGS or BVG
(12-20-2011, 04:31 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Nice card. I want to know who the heck sent that card to BCCG in the first place??!!!?
I saw a 1948 Leaf Satchell Paige graded by BCCG on ebay a little while back. Someone had posted a link on the vintage board. The BCCG grade was a 6 which is "Good or Better". The seller got the right uneducated buyer though who paid the going rate of a 6: EX-MT. That's about the only reason I can think of that someone sends cards like that to BCCG, to hopefully rope in a sucker.

(12-20-2011, 05:16 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I saw a 1948 Leaf Satchell Paige graded by BCCG on ebay a little while back. Someone had posted a link on the vintage board. The BCCG grade was a 6 which is "Good or Better". The seller got the right uneducated buyer though who paid the going rate of a 6: EX-MT. That's about the only reason I can think of that someone sends cards like that to BCCG, to hopefully rope in a sucker.
+1000
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(12-20-2011, 02:50 PM)abcoltsfan Wrote: I bought this card as a graded BCCG 9 and wanted to know if it is worth sending to BGS or BVG? I know BCCG isn't known for that good of a grading standard, so I can't decide if it is worth sending in with hopes of getting a same grade or better, or should I just be thankful that I can say I have a graded 9 vintage Ernie Banks. I posted the same question on another board and am curious what you guys think? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
If you're going to go with Beckett, you have to go with BVG. This is because BGS doesn't grade vintage cards.

I would just leave it as is and not try for a crossover with any of the big 3.

Sorry.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

My opinion is if you want to know what it truely should be graded you must cross it over or break it out of that slab. Just because it is graded a "9" it is graded BCCG 9 and they do not carry much weight when it comes to graded cards. The only people that would except that 9 grade would be someone that is totally clueless or new to the hobby. Even if it grades a 6 or 7 that is still a pretty solid grade imo.