`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debate this one: Andruw Jones....HOF or not?

Debate this one: Andruw Jones....HOF or not?
I came across my Andruw Jones RC Auto the other day, and I've been wondering....will Andruw make his way into the HOF or not?

I know he's taken quite a downturn in recent years, but to me, I think he is still HOF material. It's hard to argue that before this downturn, he was easily one of the best outfielders in the game. He picked up 10 Gold Gloves, the same number as Griffey Jr, Al Kaline, Johnny Bench, Roberto Alomar, Mike Schmidt, and others.....all HOFers or future HOFers in the case of Griffey.

He's also hit over 400 HRs, and if he's able to stick it out long enough and have a few comeback years, he may hit 500. There's another HOF milestone...

I think the only things that may keep him away are:

1. He has played like an oaf the past few years.
2. He came around right at the time that 'roids were at their peak, and with this downward spiral, people may suspect him of use (although that may be an unfair assumption, as there have been other players drop off early in their careers, like Roger Maris or Dale Murphy)

So, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him make it in, and there's always been something about him I've always liked and kept me pulling for him.

So, opinions?
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

RE: Debate this one: Andruw Jones....HOF or not?
No way he makes 500 homers

If he does make it into the hall it will be because of his gold gloves. What is holding him back is his career batting average. He would have the second lowest career batting average. Only in front of Ray Schalk (.253, HOF Veterans Committee) and tied with Kilebrew. If he goes below .250 I'm not giving him any chance at all. It is supposed to be an elite club.

(12-20-2011, 12:46 AM)PadresFan86 Wrote: No way he makes 500 homers
I agree....not likely.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

no way he makes the HOF
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

I'd love to see him in the Hall, but even if he cracked 500 HRs he would be hard pressed to make it even through the veterans committee. Like they said before the batting average probably keeps him out.

No chance. Gil Hodges was a better player and has been languishing on the ballot for 50 years.

I'm really surprised some people even consider him up for discussion. I never thought of him as one of the premiere players in the league, though I didn't follow baseball as much around the time he was peaking.

^ I'm with the above I totally missed him playing at all in his prime and didn't even realize he was still playing until over a year of getting back into the sport. (assumed it was a different jones. hah)

but just judging from numbers alone I'd say no. i hate that as a braves fan I missed him early on because from everything I hear he was fun to watch
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Good gravy no. He'll be lucky to get the minimum # of votes to remain on the ballot.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.