`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Am I the only person that hates the Patriots and Phil Simms

Am I the only person that hates the Patriots and Phil Simms
First off, this is a vent post. So sorry about that.

I've been forced to watch New England again since it's the only game on TV right now. As always Phil Simms is the color guy on TV (Jim Nantz is the play-by-play guy).

Man, I get tired of him proclaiming Brady and the Patriots to be God. Everything the Patriots do right is talked about over and over and over. Everything the Broncos are doing wrong, the reply has a Patriots base to it.

For instance, a little earlier, the Pats had 3rd-and-24 inside their own 10 yard line. Incomplete pass, but there's a flag for illegal hands to the face. The replay shows the Broncos guy graze his hand over the mask and let it go. Oh Simms, however, chimes in and says Oh yea, that's not just a flag, that's blatant. Really, how do you know that?

Then there's the whole Brady thing. Everything Brady does is a second coming. You know Tim Tebow proclaims Jesus. I'm surprised Simms hasn't come out and called Brady to be Tebow's father. Simms believes Brady is God, in my opinion, which would make Tebow his son, since Tebow is all about Jesus.

I hate that every week we're forced to watch the Steelers or the Patriots or the Chargers or someone like that in the prime afternoon spot (BTW, my early games were Houston-Carolina and Cincinnatti-St. Louis, even though I live in Dallas). Man, give me the Giants-Redskins or Vikings-Saints. Nobody up here in Dallas cares about those other 4 teams. BTW, Cincy and StL might be the 2 worst teams in the NFL (except for TCUs Andy Dalton).

BTW, another penalty on Denver (about 10 now) compared to 1 for NE and is was questionable, according to Simms since the lineman only lifted his hand off the ground and put it back.

Again, sorry, but I had to vent. I'm stuck in bed with a sinus infection, so I blame the medicine.

RE: Am I the only person that hates the Patriots and Phil Simms
lol, i dont blame you, half the time i just mute it if simms if talking
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

Patriots deserved to praised, but I agree Simms sucks
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

I agree with a lot of what you said. But Cincy being 1 of the worst teams is not even close to accurate. And without Green Dalton would be mediocre at best.
Anyhow, good rant. I hate the Pats, lol.
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

(12-18-2011, 07:01 PM)the great 48 Wrote: I agree with a lot of what you said. But Cincy being 1 of the worst teams is not even close to accurate. And without Green Dalton would be mediocre at best.
Anyhow, good rant. I hate the Pats, lol.
yea, maybe I should've said the Bengals-StLouis game was one of the worst and not 2 of the worst teams. I think it was 6-6 in the second half when I finally turned it off.

I just mentioned Dalton because he's a TCU guy and that's probably why we had that game in the Dallas area. But it's just me.

I have hated the Patriots ever since the cheating scandal. I hope they get tebowed.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

I am definately tired of the Patriots and I can't think of many announcers I like. I don't mind Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth I suppose.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

You do realize that it's the national TV game you get, which is normally a large market team, when your team has already played (houston at 1 and Dallas Saturday Night) trust me, I hate having to watch Dallas every Sunday on Fox, that's why I got Direct TV and the package. And I agree, Simms is tough.
Looking for:
Shane Vereen
2010 Panini Threads CJ Spiller letter "I"
Topps Magic Autos
2010 Topps Prime Rookie Autographs

Check My Bucket and Sub-Folders
http://photobucket.com/jlombardi24

I live in St. Louis and was forced to watch the Bengals and Rams. Im a die hard fan and love the team but it really is hard to watch. I feel your pain about the praise of Brady and the Patriots. It makes me want to vomit.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

I have no idea why you guys are bashing my Bengals, but I can tell you all this: I am growing tired of all the Tebow, Brady, Broncos, and Patriots a$$ kissing... It's getting really old... They really need to find something else to talk about...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin