IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your take on this? Upper Deck ripoff

RE: What's your take on this? Upper Deck ripoff
Wow I beat it hurts to sit!

Call them, talk very nicely and they will usually help you. For a late card UD sent me 5 Flyers cards, two of which were number to 15.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

OUCH

I would have call again... and again and file a thing with BBB too..... this is sad as it is one reason why i dont buy any high end products from them anymore (and dont have the cash too)

(03-22-2012, 04:55 PM)scttwllms Wrote: I just received a replacement card from Upper Deck and I truly feel ripped off. I bought a case of 2010 Exquisite and one of the cards was a redemption for a Jersey Tri Fold Signature book numbered to 10, I waited over 7 months on. I received a 2007 Rookie Threads Calvin Johnson Auto numbered to 25. I called Upper Deck and he told me that since Beckett would never price the card they did research on EBay and found that the redemption would only get around $80 so they felt like the trade was a fair deal. I asked for the EBay item number so I could buy it and he couldn’t give it to me. So I bought a Corvette and was sent a Malibu and I’m supposed to be happy. They said the Rookies that would be on the card are not the top rookies like Cam Newton they didn’t even know the correct year. I paid $1500 for a case of cards and got a card from a $20 a pack product. When I asked him to name the Rookies that would be on the cards he couldn’t name any and besides that the redemption doesn’t even say they were rookie players signing. I will never buy anything from upper deck and will tell everyone I talk to about cards to never buy from them again.

This is from the Brag pictures on the blog.
"Oh yes, we did. Look for tri-fold book cards featuring Peyton Manning/Troy Aikman/Jim Kelly, Jimmy Clausen/Joe Theismann/Paul Hornung, Adrain Peterson/Sam Bradford/Billy Sims and much more!"
I guess this was a lie.
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

you got ripped off
upper deck doesn't go by value so when you ask for a replacement your taking a crap shot in hopes for a card near the value of the one you send in, as for me i usually will wait for the replacement of the same card

Update. I didn't receive a response from my email so I called today. I asked to talk to a supervisor and he said he was a supervisor. I explained what happened and that I felt like I didn’t receive equal value and he said that the guys in North Carolina made the decision on the card value and it was $80. He said that the TBD cards if they ever get made would be sometime in September if then. It was a 2010 product and the cards aren’t made and will not be made until September 2012. He said that they had a bunch of customers that are complaining about the TBD cards and that it was a mistake to do them but didn’t offer anything else. I wish I could make a mistake and not have any worry about it coming back on me. I commented on one of the UD blogs and they took it down.

(03-23-2012, 11:24 AM)scttwllms Wrote: Update. I didn't receive a response from my email so I called today. I asked to talk to a supervisor and he said he was a supervisor. I explained what happened and that I felt like I didn’t receive equal value and he said that the guys in North Carolina made the decision on the card value and it was $80. He said that the TBD cards if they ever get made would be sometime in September if then. It was a 2010 product and the cards aren’t made and will not be made until September 2012. He said that they had a bunch of customers that are complaining about the TBD cards and that it was a mistake to do them but didn’t offer anything else. I wish I could make a mistake and not have any worry about it coming back on me. I commented on one of the UD blogs and they took it down.
yea UD removes negative comments pretty quickly... did you file with the BBB?
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(03-23-2012, 11:28 AM)bonnev659 Wrote: yea UD removes negative comments pretty quickly... did you file with the BBB?
Have not filed anything yet but may look into that.