`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Price guide value criteria.

Question about Price guide value criteria.
I have noticed in the past some cards #'d to 15 do in fact get valued in the BPG.

What kind of criteria must be met for a card #'d to 15 to be valued, whereas other cards of the same numbering are not valued? I was wondering as i am considering adding some cards like this to my PC, but dont like the hassle of have no book value to work with.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

RE: Question about Price guide value criteria.
I think the criteria is: Having sufficient examples of the cards sale to determine a value. I dont think print run actually has anything to do with it. Its just natural that a card with a extremely low print run would not have many examples of its sale.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

(12-16-2011, 11:58 PM)eazy e Wrote: I think the criteria is: Having sufficient examples of the cards sale to determine a value. I dont think print run actually has anything to do with it. Its just natural that a card with a extremely low print run would not have many examples of its sale.
It's not that because there are cards from my NFL die cut set /15 that haven't surfaced yet and they have a value yet some that three or four have sold for 50.00 and 60.00 have a bv of 15.00. I don't really think they watch sales all that much I personally think that more times than not they just guess at it
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(12-17-2011, 12:28 AM)biglump007 Wrote: It's not that because there are cards from my NFL die cut set /15 that haven't surfaced yet and they have a value yet some that three or four have sold for 50.00 and 60.00 have a bv of 15.00. I don't really think they watch sales all that much I personally think that more times than not they just guess at it
yea, there is a lot of truth to that. If you look at the most of the pricing it is pretty predictable. There are just way to many cards to keep up with , this is the same reason why values are not updated very often...I miss the good old days when you had tons of up and down arrows.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

(12-17-2011, 12:35 AM)eazy e Wrote: yea, there is a lot of truth to that. If you look at the most of the pricing it is pretty predictable. There are just way to many cards to keep up with , this is the same reason why values are not updated very often...I miss the good old days when you had tons of up and down arrows.
Yeah I know there is or was a jamaal Charles rookie auto patch that had a bv of 100.00 before he got injured and the card constantly sold for 125.00 to 150.00 yet the bv was never updated
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

kinda strange, sorta like dealing with the stock market i guess. I think cards 15 and up should be valued if you can find at least a few sales on them to work with. Im sure a few other things come into play like market demand and supply, quality of the card things like that.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

i saw cam triple threads auto white whale sold for $900.00 on the bay....so why can't they just put a value in that ballpark on the card, rather than leaving it blank?
[Image: vondez.png]
MY 2012 PC GUYS RYAN TANNEHILL, CYRUS GRAY, JEFF FULLER & CASE KEENUM!!!!!!!!BRING EM TO ME!!!
Collect DALLAS COWBOYS, former Texas A&M PLAYERS, DEZ BRYANT & VON MILLER !! Look at my ORG or bucket (ORG ALWAYS UP TO DATE)

There are some 2007 SPx Aaron Rodgers cards #/10 that actually have a price, so there are some with even lower print runs with pricing.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

There's too much out there to accurately gauge pricing on. I think there's actually a weighted mathematical equation used for most cards, and assumptions based upon previous pricing differences of players. From 1995-1999, I could tell you what an insert would book for a month before Beckett would list it and be within $5. My boss at the lcs loved me for it.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

A card is worth what someone will pay for it That is the best piece of advice I can ever say about the value of sports cards if there was no Beckett pricing, sports cards would still sell. I think a lot of us over rate what beckett value really is...
[Image: KevinGarnett.jpg]