`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penny Sleeves

Penny Sleeves
How do you hardcore collectors out there suggest I use these? I recently opened a box of 2011 Sage Five star rookies I wanted to be careful with them and put them in card sleeves and then put them in top loaders so that the opening of the card sleeve was at the bottom of the top loader so that dust and such couldn't get on the card. Is this overkill or a good idea? Is there any reason it is bad to do it this way?
[Image: 49ers.jpg]

RE: Penny Sleeves
No.I use penny sleeves and Top loaders. Best protection I find for rookie cards and for autographs. I usually squeeze the penny sleeve so it opens for me not dinging any corners and slowly angle it it. I dont seen any problem with how you did it either. Just becareful of your bottom corners. Hope my advice helps.

Put it in the card with opening on top, then put it in a team bag. They have adhesive on them so the seal closed. Plus, it keeps the top loader from getting scratched up.
[Image: Msimonds.png]

My Collection is at 100% right now!! I am 100% with Dallas Cowboys Rookie Class Threads AND 100% with Dallas Cowboys Playoff Contenders RC Autos .... until next year Smile

When using the penny sleeve I'd suggest cutting a tiny angle on the top corner or a small cut (inside to out on the sleeve) to avoid dinging the corners upon slipping it in. Also, wouldn't suggest the upside down method especially if handling the cards often as I can just picture it bouncing around in there messing up the bottom edge and corners.

No way would I put the penny sleeve upside down in the top loader. That is asking for potential damage. As someone else already noted, you can put it in right side up and the use a team bag to keep dust and other hazards out.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(12-16-2011, 01:38 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: When using the penny sleeve I'd suggest cutting a tiny angle on the top corner or a small cut (inside to out on the sleeve) to avoid dinging the corners upon slipping it in. Also, wouldn't suggest the upside down method especially if handling the cards often as I can just picture it bouncing around in there messing up the bottom edge and corners.
they also make sleeves with corner cuts already for you...Smile

http://www.amazon.com/Packs-Ultra-Pro-81...B001DYK7VO
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(12-16-2011, 01:56 PM)superynaldo Wrote: they also make sleeves with corner cuts already for you...Smile

http://www.amazon.com/Packs-Ultra-Pro-81...B001DYK7VO
Do those make it easier to put bigger cards in? I always have a problem trying to put larger cards in penny sleeves without messing up a corner or something.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

(12-16-2011, 02:09 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: Do those make it easier to put bigger cards in? I always have a problem trying to put larger cards in penny sleeves without messing up a corner or something.
They made thick penny sleeves. I bought a pack of them, they work really well for the really thick cards.
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/Kylebucksfan/
Collecting Andy Dalton, Tyler Eifert, Jermaine Gresham and Bengals

[Image: Bengalsnightbanner_zps050bbaf3.jpg]

(12-16-2011, 08:45 AM)msimonds Wrote: Put it in the card with opening on top, then put it in a team bag. They have adhesive on them so the seal closed. Plus, it keeps the top loader from getting scratched up.
Thats how I do it!
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**