`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card Companies

Card Companies
In light of all the recent negative articles about fake game used memorabilia that are inserted into cards, what are card companies like Topps and Panini doing differently now to assure that the new product isn't stuffed with fake stuff?

Have the card companies come out and addressed this issue?

RE: Card Companies
(12-15-2011, 05:24 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: In light of all the recent negative articles about fake game used memorabilia that are inserted into cards, what are card companies like Topps and Panini doing differently now to assure that the new product isn't stuffed with fake stuff?

Have the card companies come out and addressed this issue?
They prob never will address it. They dnt give a s**t about any of that stuff as long as sales dnt drop as a result. And since we are all stupid and addicted to collecting the sales prob wnt lol

Anybody have a contact number or email address for Topps and Panini? I'm just going to email or call them with this question.

It seems unlikely that they would have to resort to fake memorabilia since they have unparalleled access to the teams through their contracts. I would expect that this refers more to private operators.

(12-15-2011, 07:32 PM)ktcardshop Wrote: It seems unlikely that they would have to resort to fake memorabilia since they have unparalleled access to the teams through their contracts. I would expect that this refers more to private operators.
Nope even the major manufactures buy GU items through the private secondary market. In 2009 Topps used Yankee stadium seats in Babe Ruth cards in their Tribute line and got caught. Also in 2009 they used seat relics in Sterling for Carl Ernski of all people? In both cases they sent out a free box if you returned the cards to them. But you had to HUNT for the press release to even know what was going on.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(12-15-2011, 05:51 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: Anybody have a contact number or email address for Topps and Panini? I'm just going to email or call them with this question.
go the their website, you can find it on there.

i also agree that Topps specifically dosent care if the materials are authentic or not. they have a monopoly on the market (especially baseball) so why would they. they get their $ either way as long as we continue to purchase their product. after all how many Cobb,Ruth,Wagner jerseys and pants can there be left for cutting up? crooks are going to take advantage of this and continue to produce fakes as long as private collectors and card producers continue to purchase them without doing the necessary homework to ensure their authenticity. unfortunately i only see it getting worse. jmo

(12-15-2011, 05:44 PM)john1580 Wrote: They prob never will address it. They dnt give a s**t about any of that stuff as long as sales dnt drop as a result. And since we are all stupid and addicted to collecting the sales prob wnt lol
In the words of Larry the Cable Guy...or Mater (don't remember): "That right there is fun-ny!"
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

I don't think they will address it. Bottom line is, they continue to produce it, people buy the product, complain about the game used/worn wording on the back, and then go back and buy more anyway. Really no reason for them to address it unless somehow a lawsuit was brought against them for some reason. I don't know if that's possible with the wording they put on the back that covers their butts.

Sweep it under the rug, pretend it didnt happen but take more dedicated measures to ensure it doesnt keep happening. Why would you draw negative attention to your company by issuing some sort of public apology?