`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
97-98 Bowman's Best...ABSURD MOJO w/ scans

97-98 Bowman's Best...ABSURD MOJO w/ scans
So I picked this box up online for about $55 w/ shipping. In hindsight, I would've bought 5 more if they all hit like this!

First, the basics...barely any doubles but doubles included: Kobe base, MJ subset, Mcgrady and Billups RCs.

The FIRST PACK had my atomic refractor for the box (24 packs, odds are 1:24) and it WASN'T a common finally...Patrick Ewing.

The SECOND PACK had a 1:48 Pippen Best Cuts Refractor

The FOURTH PACK had a 1:48 Iverson Best Techniques Refractor

At this point I was already happy with the whole box, but the hits just kept on coming...Kobe/Pippen/Ceballons/Van Horn Mirror Image (1:48), Kobe Best Techniques (1:12), and one of the base refractors was Iverson (1:12).

All in all a pretty sick box.

Oh wait...almost forgot about my other base refractor...check the scan Smile

http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/j440...eak001.jpg

all are for trade EXCEPT...well, you can probably guess Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: 97-98 Bowman's Best...ABSURD MOJO w/ scans
Wow man that is one heck of a box break! The Jordan alone sells for around the price that you bought the box! Congrats on the break! I would have been happy with that box without the Jordan. Obviously that makes the box that much better!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

very nice box!!!!! gotta be fun busting an oldschool box and pulling out that type of hits.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

thanks guys! The 3 most valuable MJs I have are all refractors and all pulls...so rewarding! (that one is the in-between MJ, got a $50 and a $200 one as well).

I'm also in the process of busting two 08-09 Skybox boxes...no big MJs yet but I pulled 2 separate Vince Carter rubies (base and the close-ups set w/in the set) #ed/50 so I'm hoping to find a Vince fan on here!

And even though I pulled that MJ, the Pippen refractor might be my favorite it looks AWESOME in person, it's gonna be a challenge to trade me out of that one.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

Buckunteer... can you hold onto the ewing atomic for me? When i get some new mitch's I'll let you know.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

pretty cool box break.. I didn't collect that year, so I never had the chance to bust any 97-98...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

@taff It's got your name on it. Don't forget I like 90's MJs too!

@jpleaze I've had good luck with 97-98 boxes in general. Did real well on a topps chrome from that year, pulled a Billups RC, MJ and Kobe base and multiple refractor inserts including a Jordan.

I actually have another box of it on its way, they sell remarkably cheap considering I tripled my investment bv-wise on just 7 cards. Pulled a nice Rodman insert too that I didn't even scan!

Nice one! Loving the Pip.

I've got a 96-97 box on my way now. Hoping for a Kobe RC and an MJ... wish me luck

Damn, well done, makes me want to open more old school stuff.

sweet mj
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK