Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1981 Topps Footbal Unopened Packs
Star 
1981 Topps Footbal Unopened Packs
I have 24 (from my memory) unopened packs of 1981 Topps Football...buried in a trunk in the basement. I think I am going to dig them out tomorrow. Question is should I send the packs to get graded OR, say ###k it and open them and post what I find. Not that I am going to sell my collection but what is the wiser financial choice....or does it really matter? I saw a PSA graded pack selling for $49.00 on ebay.....seems outrageous. Opinions appreciated.

RE: 1981 Topps Footbal Unopened Packs
open em' and find that awesome Joe Montana RC in mint condition!

agree with above make sure u post the scans of the cards and then get them graded
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Id sell em...I mean montana rookies book high but if its not mint itll only sell for $30-$40...I have 6 of em and refuse to sell them because I cant get enough
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

id get the packs graded...you would sell 20+ graded packs way higer then the montana that ur likely to pull...but you never know bc there could be a gem mint montana hiding out in one of the packs..i tell you what if u send them to my addy i will check for ya. Wink
Sigs curtesy of KoolKellGirl and JDetter!! Thanks a ton!!

[Image: fbqueen1.jpg]

[Image: fbqueen.gif]

(12-14-2011, 04:34 AM)usafshelland Wrote: open em' and find that awesome Joe Montana RC in mint condition!
That's what I did. Worked for me...

Just wondering what you decided to do. I'd be very interested in seeing what you got if you opened them. I'd love to find some old packs like that to open.

Sell the packs, buy the Montana is you want it. $50 x 20 packs is a $1000. You can get a heck of a Montana for that.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.