`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who owns a LCS.....need some advice on starting one.

RE: Who owns a LCS.....need some advice on starting one.
(12-13-2011, 10:02 PM)superynaldo Wrote: Do any these days???Wink
Actually the LCS around here in ormond fl runs a very successful business. The main reasons are because the guy who runs it is a great guy, very reasonable on prices, box prices are same as blowout and D&A sometimes cheaper, always has product coming in. He knows what he is doing and is one of the best at it probably.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

(12-13-2011, 10:24 PM)kylebucksfan Wrote: Or like in mine you can tell they haven't touched the singles for a while b/c they want 5 for a Russel chrome RC and 10 for a Mardy Gilyard PP auto.
Priceless...Wink
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(12-13-2011, 10:10 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: well you guys horde all the colberts and sale the good ones thats why!Wink

In other words your not selling a aaron rodgers rookie auto or some similar card for 3x BV because you really want to keep it
Yepp no attachment to any cards except COLBERT haha...everhing else is priced to sell...but if you are from out of town and you come in and think our steelers cards are over rpiced thats because they get a premium around here. Everything else is priced to leave the door
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Its funny i have been working some ideas out with a friend to start a shop as well! Maybe we can bring the hobby back to what it once was, and get young kids back into it! I was wondering t shop owners break alot of boxes for singles?

(12-13-2011, 11:48 PM)cody_allen Wrote: Its funny i have been working some ideas out with a friend to start a shop as well! Maybe we can bring the hobby back to what it once was, and get young kids back into it! I was wondering t shop owners break alot of boxes for singles?
We dont! Its too hard to break alot and make good enough money...breaking a box every once in a while is okay but your better off buying nice singles and marking them up a little. And have alot of singles of your local teams

I am no expert by any means but it seams to me a very risky venture when you consider overhead. it may be different in different states. I live in the Bay area CA and renting a place would cost you way to much. I would think that the main advantage to having a store versus an online store would be being able to buy directly from Topps,Panini, Upperdeck..etc.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

(12-14-2011, 01:14 AM)eazy e Wrote: I am no expert by any means but it seams to me a very risky venture when you consider overhead. it may be different in different states. I live in the Bay area CA and renting a place would cost you way to much. I would think that the main advantage to having a store versus an online store would be being able to buy directly from Topps,Panini, Upperdeck..etc.
And your right...thats what defines the difference between us store owners and all the sellers that ruined the hobby...and ik where we are rent for the same sport is 4k lower then it would be just 10 miles down the road...its all about where u go