`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Order advice

Order advice
Hey. Although my Nick is Manu Ginobili, I have been buying mainly baseball stuff.
I want to start buy some NBA boxes and would like people to reccommend me 2 or 3 different boxes I should definetely get. Im not that much into the hobby, meaning, I enjoy more getting a 15 pack / 10 cards per box than a mini box with 3 autos and 2 patches.
So any advice?
Thanks.

RE: Order advice
Definitely go with Dunruss Elite than either 2009-10 or 2010-11.

If you can grab one, try for 2009-10 Upper Deck as each case had 1 hot box (each pack had a GU or AU in it), and if you don't get one, easy set to complete, decent inserts, and Blake Griffin rookies. I would also recommend 2010-11 Donruss. Lots of cards, cheap, plenty of inserts and cool parallels, and a lot of people really liked that product. And lastly, this is one of my favorite but the price is going up, 2007-08 Stadium Club.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I was leaning towards 2010/11 Donruss Basketball Hobby Box and 2010/11 Panini Totally Certified Basketball Hobby Box. Good choice?

I really like Totally Certified in looks, but I haven't busted any of the products.

one of the major websites right now has (or at least had, as of yesterday) a HUGE discount on 2008-09 Skybox, from $200/box to $80/box. You'll hit on average two ruby parallels #ed to 50 and you have the chance to hit an MJ auto. The D-Rose RC books very nicely as well. If you hit 2 per box you'd have your money back in trade right there.

It's a ton of cards too...48 packs per box, 6 cards per pack I believe. I ordered 2 boxes myself yesterday and I rarely spend more than $50-$60 on cards at any one time.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(12-13-2011, 04:24 PM)buckunteer Wrote: one of the major websites right now has (or at least had, as of yesterday) a HUGE discount on 2008-09 Skybox, from $200/box to $80/box. You'll hit on average two ruby parallels #ed to 50 and you have the chance to hit an MJ auto. The D-Rose RC books very nicely as well. If you hit 2 per box you'd have your money back in trade right there.

It's a ton of cards too...48 packs per box, 6 cards per pack I believe. I ordered 2 boxes myself yesterday and I rarely spend more than $50-$60 on cards at any one time.
SHUT UP!!! I was hoping nobody saw that. Smile I'm hoping my next check has some overtime so I might be able to steal one of those boxes. Even though, I'll say, I didn't like the break down of "hits". lol.

(12-13-2011, 04:41 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: SHUT UP!!! I was hoping nobody saw that. Smile I'm hoping my next check has some overtime so I might be able to steal one of those boxes. Even though, I'll say, I didn't like the break down of "hits". lol.
Yeah it's a bit worrysome but there are a lot of nice cards sitting around the $10-$40 bv area that you stand a reasonable shot of hitting and at least being able to trade off to get your $ back. But of course I just love busting wax so I'm not TOO concerned with that as long as I don't get completely killed. Personally I'll just take that PMG Jordan #ed to 40 that books north of $1k. That's not even too greedy cause there's one #ed to 10!

That said, I can't imagine paying $200 for this box...I think it should've only been priced in the $140-$150 area, still a nice discount at $80/box though.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(12-13-2011, 04:52 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Yeah it's a bit worrysome but there are a lot of nice cards sitting around the $10-$40 bv area that you stand a reasonable shot of hitting and at least being able to trade off to get your $ back. But of course I just love busting wax so I'm not TOO concerned with that as long as I don't get completely killed. Personally I'll just take that PMG Jordan #ed to 40 that books north of $1k. That's not even too greedy cause there's one #ed to 10!

That said, I can't imagine paying $200 for this box...I think it should've only been priced in the $140-$150 area, still a nice discount at $80/box though.
Yeah, I have a deal with Ping. If I pull the PMG Green Jordan and trade it to him, I'm entitled to ALL of his current and future Pistons cards. Smile I have two blasters of 2008-09 SkyBox sitting at home waiting for Christmas. Smile

Also, any pre-2005 boxes worth getting?