`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Certified pricing

Certified pricing
Ok it's no secret I'm doing the NFL die cut set this year. And just out of curiosity I was looking through my org and just checking out the bv of the cards in the set and I think someone needs to start over. I won't say the bv but for those of you with OPG look up the Alstott /15 and prepare to be amazed, this card has sold for 45.00 to 60.00 for everyone of them that have come up. Ray Lewis is just as bad and his bv isn't close either. I don't work I'm sets for investment value or to try to profit I could care less about that but wow the bv for these cards is not even in the same timezone as what they sell for. If bv is based on the market for a card how is it so far off.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

RE: Certified pricing
The sale value is super high when they first come out but that is the only way you can get the sickest of the sickest. If you wait until the prices start to level off, you are left searching for the scraps. Patches will only book so much no matter who or what they are. But, being as multi and unique as they are, even if you were to sell them 2 years from now, you could still get whatever the BV is at that time in cash. I have numerous multi's I have bought that are several years old and some have gone for more than the BV. The uniqueness is the key bro!

Man, i just looked at the BV, that is CRAZY!! They should book at least 50% more just being realistic compared to other cards. IMO, they are worth 4 times the current BV. But with that said, I guarantee you, even several years down the road, they will still sell double what they book if not more. Like i said, i have bought several of them and alot werent even as sick as the ones you have now and they went at or more than they booked. Dont sweat it brother. Smile
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

its probably just gonna take a bit more time for em to level out. Not enough sales sample for it to be accurately judged IMO if market value is part of the equation.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

Well here is my problem without giving away the bv of any players. When knoshown Moreno /25 has the same bv as mike Alstott /15 you have a problem even if it is just first pricing.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

Seen this with a few sets this year.The UD SPs this year had prices way off at first,after several people posted on my thread a lot of them shot up in value.Topps and Chrome SPs also jumped in price not to long after the first BVs came out.

I had pulled a card out of a blaster that had a BV below $20,but was selling on the bay and comc for $60+ after at least 8 sells.Few days later BV went up to $60-70.A little complaining seems to go a long way when it comes to BV on new products,a few people may have to post what they payed and have at least a few sales in the same price range but Beckett does seem to update.

While looking up that Alstott i decided to see how many cards my PC guy had in this years Certified and realized that i truly HATE Panini.I already have a few of the /5 die cuts and seen another NFL /5 and a logo 1/1 on the bay so i figured that must be the majority of the low #ed stuff,boy was i wrong.Out of 23 cards of Hillis in Certified 3 are 1/1s,10 are /5,and 4 are /25.

I may just be a little bitter since i can't really afford anything and i'm having to watch a lot of nice low #ed stuff pass without being able to bid but really 17 out of 23 cards are /25 or below.This SUCKS.
Thanks Ironman71635
[Image: hillis.jpg]
I collect Felix Jones,Darren Mcfadden,D.J. Williams (Arkansas TE),Ryan Mallett,and Mike Alstott. Peyton Hillis Super-collector 273/375 73% complete and looking for more.

I'm with ya, Lump. For how popular Certified is every year, the BVs seem really low. (Look up my Gabbert FOTG jsy/au #/30 for an example). LOL
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

That's why BV is confusing to me, and hard to follow!
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.