`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent MJ Pickups! NFT!

Recent MJ Pickups! NFT!
With the new baby, I have been trying to spend less and less of actual earned money on cards. With that said, I am selling a lot more. Since I have been selling a lot of my nicer Durant cards, I have been trying to get nicer MJ cards in return. I also sold the Kobe Auto that I had. I have also been making trades for cards I do not need that I then sell. Typically I spend about $40 a week on cards. Now that I am not doing that anymore, that is $160 a month being saved (if not more). Here is what I have picked up from selling off most of my Durant collection!

[Image: adae92e1.jpg]
[Image: 0629fe91.jpg]
[Image: cbce6954.jpg]
[Image: 36bacb4a.jpg]
[Image: 3aacd608.jpg]
With the 1986 Star card, the grade looks awful but it is only because of the centering (which I could care less about). The other 3 grades are two 9.5's and a 9. I primarily buy these cards graded to ensure that they are legit.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: Recent MJ Pickups! NFT!
Nice pickups! Are you ever gonna sell your Kyle Weaver/Ray Allen cards? I'm not interested but I thought to ask. Thanks.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Love the old school Star MJ. Well done! If you get anymore old school MJ dubs, LMK I'm still sitting on a bunch of MJ Legacies I'd be happy to trade!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(12-12-2011, 04:17 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: Nice pickups! Are you ever gonna sell your Kyle Weaver/Ray Allen cards? I'm not interested but I thought to ask. Thanks.
I have been thinking about it. I am sure I could get some money from the Ray Allen cards, but not sure about the Kyle Weaver. I have thought about downsizing my Ray Allen collection. Its a thought but I am trying to sell everything else before I sell those collections.

Absolutely beautiful, Nick. And I am sure the baby's cute, too.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

cool cards. thanks for sharing...

I could care less on centering when it comes to pre 90's.. so hard to get high grades.. on centering.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Nick do you care about centering in general, or just on the Star cards? I personally dont really care about centering for any card. Was never a bid deal to me.

(12-12-2011, 04:19 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Love the old school Star MJ. Well done! If you get anymore old school MJ dubs, LMK I'm still sitting on a bunch of MJ Legacies I'd be happy to trade!
Yeah, i have been searching for MJ doubles! I figure I could trade the stuff I dont want for MJ doubles and either trade or sell them. I will keep you posted.
(12-12-2011, 05:00 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: cool cards. thanks for sharing...

I could care less on centering when it comes to pre 90's.. so hard to get high grades.. on centering.
I agree! Along with the centering not being a huge deal, this low of a grade also decreases the sale value (good for buying, bad for selling). Cards from the same set that were graded 8-9 sold for 3-4 times more than what I paid for this. Personally me paying $20 dollars for a 1986 that is pretty flawless (great scores on surface, edges, corners, which is mainly what I care about) besides centering and I am very happy. And more importantly the grade by BGS shows me it is the legit card and not a reprint.
(12-12-2011, 10:31 PM)murrylove Wrote: Nick do you care about centering in general, or just on the Star cards? I personally dont really care about centering for any card. Was never a bid deal to me.
Not terribly. I mean obviously I would prefer a perfectly centered card, but I am nore into edges and corners than centering. As long as the other three categories are fine, centering does not bother me. It is like the icing on the cake for me. That and I do not really focus on graded cards either, just with the older cards to ensure that they are authentic.

nice!

Awesome pickups! Congrats!
[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan