`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secret Santa

RE: Secret Santa
I'm in as long as it can be accomplished before New Years.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Im down!

This is a stickied thread, and there is another that everyone can reply and show what they received. Part of the fun in this is droping hints on where you are shipping to, what you are shipping, how you got the item/itmes you are sending out, etc. I would get 2-3 packages every year from the same secret santa. Usually a teaser package, then 1 or 2 or even 3 sometimes. There were very generous people. Some would get bats/gloves/equipments bags that easily went over the $200 value when there was only a $30-$50 minimum.
Matt Holliday Refractors -75/162 - 46.3%
2006 UC Ensemble Triple Auto 69/87 - 79.0%
2007 UD Future Stars Triple Auto 11/18 - 61.0%
2007 SS Dual Auto Brwn Glv/Blk Ink 7/34 - 20.5%
[Image: TXqak.png]

Got to post pics 4 sure!

(12-12-2011, 04:57 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: I'm in as long as it can be accomplished before New Years.
Yeah, we would definatley be pushing it. Usually this is something that gets started by Thanksgiving, as you know some people are slower to ship than others.
for those of you who said they were in, I have included you on the list. please send me an email with your preferences.

I think the slow shippers need not apply. Its approx 2 weeks til xmas. I think if people wanna be part of this than they should be ready to ship. I'm in but don't like the minimum.I think it should be whatever. example: I may not have alot of good stuff to part with or don't buy alot of hobby boxes. I think give what you can afford. Wether its cards you have or even some new packs or rack packs,etc. Lets get this started. I also don't send money or do paypal if anyone ask. People need to be careful and watch out because there could be people out for a good scam.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

(12-12-2011, 05:30 PM)talkntribe Wrote: I think the slow shippers need not apply. Its approx 2 weeks til xmas. I think if people wanna be part of this than they should be ready to ship. I'm in but don't like the minimum.I think it should be whatever. example: I may not have alot of good stuff to part with or don't buy alot of hobby boxes. I think give what you can afford. Wether its cards you have or even some new packs or rack packs,etc. Lets get this started. I also don't send money or do paypal if anyone ask. People need to be careful and watch out because there could be people out for a good scam.
I hear what your saying and I think you have a valid point about a good scam, however in order to keep this fair, there has to be a minimum established. There is no was we could justify if someone sends an Arod patch to someone which might have a BV of $40, and then get 2 packs of Topps Series 1 in return. This is not about what you are getting, but what is being given out as a Santa. If you buy $20 worth of packs from an item your secret santa indicated, then perfect. Unfortunately the only way to monitor this is to have a minimum, and if you do not meet the minimum you will not be allowed to participate again. IF you do not like that part of this gift exchange, then I would recommend not participating.

i am interested... count me in
Collecting Hall of Fame Players; rookie card, auto, and memorabilia for each member if available
ABC Sportscards online store - http://abcsportscards.mysimplestore.com/

Okay then please remove me from the list. Maybe its just me but I feel to have a price set is wrong. Ive never told anyone in my life that they had to go by a minimum prce for gift giving. I feel you give from the heart. No different than donating to charity. You give what you can. If someone gives me a patch of manny ramirez and I had given them a couple new packs,So what! Who knows what is in the pack. Its the thought that counts. Good Luck to you guys! Smile *Just because I don't agree with the minimum. Doesn't mean i'd send a brick of common junk collecting dust. Just to be clear.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

(12-12-2011, 05:54 PM)talkntribe Wrote: Okay then please remove me from the list. Maybe its just me but I feel to have a price set is wrong. Ive never told anyone in my life that they had to go by a minimum prce for gift giving. I feel you give from the heart. No different than donating to charity. You give what you can. If someone gives me a patch of manny ramirez and I had given them a couple new packs,So what! Who knows what is in the pack. Its the thought that counts. Good Luck to you guys! Smile *Just because I don't agree with the minimum. Doesn't mean i'd send a brick of common junk collecting dust. Just to be clear.
No problem at all. I respect your decision, and I understand what you are saying. To be clear and fair to you, I was not suggesting you would send anyone junk. There just has to be some kind of barometer to use as a minimum in something like this so we are all on the same page, because due to the economy or lack of work or finances that they could not or would not participate, or they would get by just to participate to show their holiday spirit. I felt like you did the first year I participated, but if in your mind you are sending what is equal to the minimum, than there should be no issue at all.