`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QR codes, the key to fighting forgeries

RE: QR codes, the key to fighting forgeries
I don't think Topps would ever agree to this...that would just cost them more money
(12-12-2011, 04:44 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Would make sense, especially for unique patch cards (but likely not for other cards). Another thing to consider is that most of the materials for patch cards is readily available. Thus, if you were looking to forge a patch card that showed the edge of the MLB logo (or whatever) you'd just clip out the same portion of the MLB logo for your forged card. In any event, I think QR codes present a lot of possibilities to traders.
I think most people forge patches to sell them for more, not to keep the actual game-used patch
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(12-12-2011, 11:06 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I don't think Topps would ever agree to this...that would just cost them more money

I think most people forge patches to sell them for more, not to keep the actual game-used patch
You misunderstood me. I meant that the elements of a patch card/GU aren't intrinsically unique. If you were forging patch cards, for example, all you would need to do is find logos/letters/jersey swatches, etc., and incorporate them into your forged card. Not subbing out the original for a replacement or taking apart an actual patch card, then reassembling it into a forgery.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(12-12-2011, 11:17 PM)uvaspina Wrote: You misunderstood me. I meant that the elements of a patch card/GU aren't intrinsically unique. If you were forging patch cards, for example, all you would need to do is find logos/letters/jersey swatches, etc., and incorporate them into your forged card. Not subbing out the original for a replacement or taking apart an actual patch card, then reassembling it into a forgery.
Ah, I see
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(12-12-2011, 05:58 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it would increase the cost of making the cards quite a bit. that would be passed on to the consumer
ABSOLUTELY!!!
+1,234,444,377

(12-13-2011, 06:18 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: ABSOLUTELY!!!
+1,234,444,377
So? They bend us over at every other opportunity they can find, might as well bend us over for something that would actually be beneficial to us. The cost would be minimal, since I am only talking about patch cards here. They wouldn't even have to put them on regular jersey swatches, since if you get a patch card without a QR code, you can assume it's a forgery
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

(12-13-2011, 08:05 AM)keyser soze Wrote: So? They bend us over at every other opportunity they can find, might as well bend us over for something that would actually be beneficial to us. The cost would be minimal, since I am only talking about patch cards here. They wouldn't even have to put them on regular jersey swatches, since if you get a patch card without a QR code, you can assume it's a forgery
I agree here too!!! For the truly unique and (more forged) Patch cards etc, the coding would be worth it...