`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are your collecting goals for 2012?

RE: What are your collecting goals for 2012?
Goal #1 is to finish my 2011 Gypsy Queen mini black set, almost half-way done.
#2 get an earlier jump on the 2012 GQ mini sets
#3 acquire a Lincecum rc auto
#4 Add a vintage Bob Feller card to my Indians collection
#5 This is out of my control but I would like to pull a killer auto out of something! How many Cashner autos does one person need?

Maybe setting goals is the way to go! I don't think I've ever had a collecting goal.

1. Continue my Ackley collection. I'm pretty close to having all his cards that aren't serial #'d 1/1 (not collecting those)
2. Secretly continue my Harper collection (42 different cards so far) Smile
3. Sell - Sell - Sell ; I've still got hundreds of Bowman Autographs to unload 1997-2005 (almost every one)
4. Stay sane

I'm actually pretty well organized for the most part. Would love to get my Ackley collection scanned, but that may not happen this year.

1. Curtail the amount I spend on random retail and buy singles & hobby boxes instead
2. Get my first Lincecum auto
3. Grow my card design blog to at least 50 followers

Stay (yes, "stay" and not "get") organized and pull in more Chicago HOFers.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Finish sets I've been trying to finish forever and maybe pick up a Mattingly or two.

I probably need to cut down on spending freely on cards at retail shops like Wal-Mart and Target realizing I'm never going to hit the "big prize" and refocus that money on my PC needs. My 3 PCs are Texas Rangers, Tyrell Jenkins and Rickey Dudley (football).

I also want to finish some of the sets I've been working on (some early 1990s all the way through 2011 products) as well as make a decision on my 1958 set (I have about 30 of those, but they're all in NM or better condition).

Finally, I want to downsize my collection/room to only trade bait and my 3 PCs (in other words, get organized). That involves sorting newer products (2005 and newer) into players and teams, getting stuff into my ORG and getting it traded for Rangers, selling my 1,500 card Cowboys collection (all different, BTW) and getting rid of commons from the previous years (I've got them stored in USPS large flat rate boxes right now), whether through selling or donating to the Goodwill.

WOW, some good stuff. Gotta love a hobby that has so many different avenues to pursue.

To anyone that asked me about trading, I'm going to get all my non Phillies cards into organize to trade away. Going to work on that this weekend so if you want to trade please keep checking my organize.

Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

1) auto or relic Frank Thomas
2) auto or relic Robin Ventura
3) auto/relic/rookie...some cool card of Luis Aparicio
4) figure out how to get in the trading/selling game
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

1. Double the number of 1952 Bowman cards I have in my set (have around 20 or so at the moment, including 2 HOFers - Spahn and Feller).

2. Finally finish my 2004 Topps Cracker Jack set (only missing 22 SPs and I'll be done).

3. Finish my 2011 Bowman Platinum Rainbow Set of base, gold, emerald, ruby, prospects, and prospect x-fractors.

4. Double the number of T206 Boston Nat'l cards I have for my team set (currently at 3 of 14 - have Johnny Bates, Vive Lindaman, and Claude Ritchey)

5. Clean my room.....it's a mess, all thanks to cards.

6. (If I complete the 2011 Platinum quickly) I would like to start collecting Chipper Jones base/insert cards and see how many different ones I can get. I also need to sort through my cards and find all the Chippers I already have so I can avoid trading for doubles.

*any help anyone can provide towards my goals will be greatly appreciated*
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

Finish my 2010 Bowman set.
(12-11-2011, 11:09 AM)kelbysdaddy Wrote: i think i may be getting out of the hobby in 2012. due to recent developments, i'm not sure how excited i can get about collecting my favorite player anymore. no cards ever got me as excited as when i got a new braun auto in from a trade or off ebay. i hate to be mellowdramatic but i have a lot of money, time, and (most of all) emotion tied into my braun collection. i would have been ok if it was any other of my favorite players(gallardo/corey hart/rickie weeks), but not braun.
It was fun. Thats what matters. You'll find something else to collect.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.