`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If Braun is guilty of using PEDs how do you see it effecting his card value?

RE: If Braun is guilty of using PEDs how do you see it effecting his card value?
I just heard the news about an hour ago. Wow. That is totally shocking. If your body can't handle playing a sport that you need to use XYZ to enhance yourself, you need to step aside and work in an office and let the real athletes play. Just sickening.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

RE: If Braun is guilty of using PEDs how do you see it effecting his card value?
(12-10-2011, 09:02 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: I'd like Braun to comment on this allegation in a room full of reporters and answer every question presented to him.
Braun says,

"I no speak english."

I believe Pujols when he says he has never touched anything. He has offered to be tested daily for years (I'm sure the players union would cry about that).

Best way to deal with this would be DAILY tests for EVERYONE. I know that sounds like a lot of work but it's the best way to be sure.

Should he ever test positive, it would break my heart... and it will be the end of baseball.

(12-10-2011, 09:16 PM)talkntribe Wrote: More and more players are getting caught. I wonder when pujols will get nailed. lol jk

(12-10-2011, 09:21 PM)captdolo Wrote: Can you all now get off Reyes ***** about sitting out the last game to win the batting title! He was going against a guy on steroids
He was also going against an great ball player on a crappy team. Matt Kemp must be MAD right now. IF Braun's positive test isn't overturned, I think they should strip him of the MVP. They won't do it, but it would be the right thing to do...then again MLB isn't exactly known for doing the right thing. *cough*Armando Galarraga's perfect game*COUGH*

If this is true. His cards will take a large hit. I was a huge A-Rod Collector and when he admitted to using PEDs back in the day. His cards took a hit and they've never been the same since.

Shortly after he admitted PED use. His 1994 Sportflics Artists Proof was his best rookie year card and that card went from always selling in the $1,400 to $2,000 range raw to selling for less than $150. His 1994 SP PSA 9 and BGS 9 Rookies were selling for around $400 and they went down to around $25. Anyone who collected Alex Rodriguez will know what I'm talking about. They've slowly started to go back up over the last 2 years but they still sell for a fraction of what they used to.

Barry Bonds stuff has suffered even more and he's never failed a PED test or admitted to using PEDs. You can buy a 1987 Fleer Barry Bonds PSA 10 or BGS 9.5 for less than $60 right now and that card used to always sell for around $900. His stuff has never and will never be the same. Same goes for Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa.

Once a player has been known for using or was believed to be using PEDs. Their Collectibles/Cards will go to down to ridiculously low prices and they will never be the same. It's going to happen with Ryan Braun now.

I will guarantee that Ryan Braun's cards will do the same as the players I mentioned above. I feel bad for anyone who has a lot money invested in Braun. Even if Braun wins his appeal, he will be a tained player and his stuff will never be the same.

dude....i love braun, and i collect him. but no matter what he says now hes a lyar, and a cheater just like everyone else i went off about . f him, he just killed me, i thought if anyone was clean it would be him, longoria and jeter.....he just ruined my faith

I wouldn't write him off yet. I don't know about the rest of you, but I haven't heard the whole story yet. It is quite possible that he failed the test, but have a real and solid reason. I don't like a cheater, but I don't want to ruin the guy before I know all there is to know.

(12-10-2011, 11:50 PM)john1580 Wrote: dude....i love braun, and i collect him. but no matter what he says now hes a lyar, and a cheater just like everyone else i went off about . f him, he just killed me, i thought if anyone was clean it would be him, longoria and jeter.....he just ruined my faith

Apparently it's very hard not to cheat. I think he's still a great player, but it always makes you wonder who else is doing it and will get caught. It's going to kill the sport....
Teemu count: 1642 different cards

Always looking for Selanne's
for my PC.

E-mail: suomibear8@aol.com

(12-10-2011, 09:16 PM)talkntribe Wrote: More and more players are getting caught. I wonder when pujols will get nailed. lol jk
Very soon........
Trade Site

ALWAYS COLLECTING ALEX RODRIGUEZ RC, AUTO'S

From what I hear he was first tested and it showed a high level of testosterone....after that he was given a more complete test that showed that the testosterone was synthetic. It's going to be hard to talk your way out of why synthetic testosterone is in your body. If he wants to have any sort of damage control, he needs to admit it early. Yea he will always be pegged a cheater, but I think the fans would be more willing to forgive if he is up front and admits it....making excuses is just going to make him look like "that guy."

(12-11-2011, 01:36 AM)nixsfan1188 Wrote: Very soon........
Dont you see guys......its the PED era.....alot will say they never took it.....then years later.......bammmm......they did it....its an addiction in all sports
(12-10-2011, 11:48 PM)williamblas Wrote: If this is true. His cards will take a large hit. I was a huge A-Rod Collector and when he admitted to using PEDs back in the day. His cards took a hit and they've never been the same since.

Shortly after he admitted PED use. His 1994 Sportflics Artists Proof was his best rookie year card and that card went from always selling in the $1,400 to $2,000 range raw to selling for less than $150. His 1994 SP PSA 9 and BGS 9 Rookies were selling for around $400 and they went down to around $25. Anyone who collected Alex Rodriguez will know what I'm talking about. They've slowly started to go back up over the last 2 years but they still sell for a fraction of what they used to.

Barry Bonds stuff has suffered even more and he's never failed a PED test or admitted to using PEDs. You can buy a 1987 Fleer Barry Bonds PSA 10 or BGS 9.5 for less than $60 right now and that card used to always sell for around $900. His stuff has never and will never be the same. Same goes for Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa.

Once a player has been known for using or was believed to be using PEDs. Their Collectibles/Cards will go to down to ridiculously low prices and they will never be the same. It's going to happen with Ryan Braun now.

I will guarantee that Ryan Braun's cards will do the same as the players I mentioned above. I feel bad for anyone who has a lot money invested in Braun. Even if Braun wins his appeal, he will be a tained player and his stuff will never be the same.
+5.......within 5 yrs......pujols is next
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]