`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If Braun is guilty of using PEDs how do you see it effecting his card value?

RE: If Braun is guilty of using PEDs how do you see it effecting his card value?
(12-14-2011, 01:05 AM)natejeffries Wrote: Amphetamines? You are comparing a little upper to becoming the Terminator? Get real.
+1

some of the steroids half of these guys used to be on are used on horses , its a rediculous comparison

RE: If Braun is guilty of using PEDs how do you see it effecting his card value?
So, IF this is true, then it's a perfect example of why people shouldn't subscribe to the Jump to Conclusions Map.

http://www.google.com/search?q=ryan+brau...=firefox-a

I find this disturbing.

(12-13-2011, 10:29 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: A true fan would stick with there player though thick and thin. But this shows me how alot of people here just go off of hype.

I don't know. So in essence... it would mean that Braun's Doctor didn't know the medication would cause elevated testosterone levels or he didn't know Braun was a baseball player.

I said I wouldn't convict him yet, but this makes me suspect him even more.

Kind of difficult to be happy for him if the story is true. :/

(12-16-2011, 03:54 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: So, IF this is true, then it's a perfect example of why people shouldn't subscribe to the Jump to Conclusions Map.

http://www.google.com/search?q=ryan+brau...=firefox-a

This will def be embarrasing for him for sure, but if this is true then he is innocent and ddnt take any ped's.

Had to edit my post because apparently it offended a jewish member of our board that i made a play on brauns nickname.

Gotta have a sense of humor in life chief, there you go i removed it, hope your feeling better now

(12-15-2011, 12:41 PM)john1580 Wrote: +1

some of the steroids half of these guys used to be on are used on horses , its a rediculous comparison
Yes I do compare them. The terminator can hit harder & longer. But it wont help your reaction time, wont help you get through that long tiring game. Being hopped up on "greenies" will boost your reaction & endurance. Tomato, tomato... Just a different drug for a different time. I wonder what drug they will be using 10 years from now. Players will always look for that edge and to push the rules.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

If the new story is true its gonna be hard to live down but its way better then a tag that can scar his career for life and his chance at ever being a HOFer etc.

In regards to the statement about his doctor not knowing. He may have known and thought it was short term and not a test issue. Either way there is some serious laws broke by leaking the medical info.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I have always hated this argument too. If you are stronger, there's no way it doesn't help reaction time. If the bat weighs nothing to you, it surely will improve bat speed and everything that goes with it.

I'm not pro greenies at all (or anything else), but they are proven to keep you awake and "alert", but not clear minded. Your reaction may be quick, but incorrect. After a while, you might be awake, but in the way a zombie is. Short term, sure, they'll keep you in the game.
(12-16-2011, 04:25 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Yes I do compare them. The terminator can hit harder & longer. But it wont help your reaction time, wont help you get through that long tiring game. Being hopped up on "greenies" will boost your reaction & endurance. Tomato, tomato... Just a different drug for a different time. I wonder what drug they will be using 10 years from now. Players will always look for that edge and to push the rules.

(12-16-2011, 03:57 PM)0mattinglyalexander0 Wrote: I don't know. So in essence... it would mean that Braun's Doctor didn't know the medication would cause elevated testosterone levels or he didn't know Braun was a baseball player.
Did some looking around on this and from what I can gather, herpes outbreaks occur more often when a persons levels of testosterone are low. When given some sort of medication that boosts testosterone, the outbreak goes away. So if this is true, then I'm pretty sure the doctor knew it would increase levels of testosterone as it would help an outbreak go away. I doubt the doctor would have cared if Braun was a baseball player as he's trying to take care of the guys health.

With that said, Braun would have been told by the doctor what the medication does and probably should have approached MLB about it before he got tested.

However, this is just speculation anyway with no actual knowledge of what the hell is really going on anyway.

He'd be yet another crappy doctor or have no clue what's been happening in sports (baseball in this case) since 1998.
Also, wouldn't the Doctor want to bring his testosterone levels up to normal, rather than freakishly high? A man of his age shouldn't have low-t anyway, that is unless herpes actually brings testosterone levels down in order to attack.

You're right though, who knows. I don't believe MLB or the players union want to clean this up, especially the players union. I think they'd all rather cover it up.

(12-17-2011, 03:20 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Did some looking around on this and from what I can gather, herpes outbreaks occur more often when a persons levels of testosterone are low. When given some sort of medication that boosts testosterone, the outbreak goes away. So if this is true, then I'm pretty sure the doctor knew it would increase levels of testosterone as it would help an outbreak go away. I doubt the doctor would have cared if Braun was a baseball player as he's trying to take care of the guys health.

With that said, Braun would have been told by the doctor what the medication does and probably should have approached MLB about it before he got tested.

However, this is just speculation anyway with no actual knowledge of what the hell is really going on anyway.

Looks like he only has hair piece [Image: smiley-laughing015.gif]