`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Message Board Hall of Fame

RE: Message Board Hall of Fame
(12-13-2011, 05:43 PM)biglump007 Wrote: Well now that your told everyone how it works I will. Was hoping to slip it past the board.
oops ..... sorry bout that Sad
(12-13-2011, 05:43 PM)mik253 Wrote: Why does it have to be considered a freebie among collectors. Is it not just helping another collector with what they collect without placing a value on it? Really what is the value of putting a smile on another collectors face when they see an item for there collection that they did not know was headed there way, do you always have to have something in return???
dang, we really do need a "like" button around here !!! excellent post bud Smile

(12-13-2011, 05:43 PM)mik253 Wrote: I have over 300... Smile
Why does it have to be considered a freebie among collectors. Is it not just helping another collector with what they collect without placing a value on it? Really what is the value of putting a smile on another collectors face when they see an item for there collection that they did not know was headed there way, do you always have to have something in return???

And I like the HOF idea for the boards.. Smile
Well I had somewhere in the 4 range................not 400 just 4
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(12-13-2011, 04:54 PM)ceocards Wrote: Lifetime (at least since beta site, which is all the current #'s include) I think I've got that one. I know for a while it was me, wiser & the great 48 were in a tight battle. Unless someone else went on a huge trading spree recently.

Not sure about the last year - anyone got more than 278?

And yes...that sound you hear is me tooting my own horn Smile
Yeah, you past me by like I was sitting still. And I basically was for a while ever since the little man was born but Im back and coming for ya, lol.
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

I had no problem with you saying freebies and want to make that clear but it felt to me the main focus and the hof shouldn't be about freebies given imo...honestly I have no issue in you voicing your opinion either and want to make that clear, but in reading your second post and this is my opinion, but number of posts is irrelevant. The majority of the members you listed are solid members...not trying to make an argument or another soap opera thread...there should be a set criteria and a blind poll vote.
(12-13-2011, 05:06 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: Here is my post without saying freebies since that was what was zeroed in on, obviously it only enhanced some and wasn't the only thing said.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(12-13-2011, 06:51 PM)ft28jags Wrote: I had no problem with you saying freebies and want to make that clear but it felt to me the main focus and the hof shouldn't be about freebies given imo...honestly I have no issue in you voicing your opinion either and want to make that clear, but in reading your second post and this is my opinion, but number of posts is irrelevant. The majority of the members you listed are solid members...not trying to make an argument or another soap opera thread...there should be a set criteria and a blind poll vote.
Was I helping in creating a soap opera thread? Smile

I don't mind recognizing members myself, but I always feel compelled to offer another side to things.

I am also curious to know what criteria would be used to determine a nominee.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

LOL...no, wasn't saying you were but didn't want you to think I was trying to squash your opinion...my opinion is more trading focused and just overall contributions, and like the idea someone had for simply a list that can be voted on and then a poll created off of it
(12-13-2011, 07:14 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: Was I helping in creating a soap opera thread? Smile

I don't mind recognizing members myself, but I always feel compelled to offer another side to things.

I am also curious to know what criteria would be used to determine a nominee.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(12-13-2011, 05:43 PM)mik253 Wrote: I have over 300... Smile
I meant 278 just in the last year. Floydtown is close - I better get some more trades in before he catches me!

I'm pushing 1100 total lifetime if you count my trades currently in process.

Great 48 - eat my dust Tongue

(actually with tax season coming up, I'll probably get caught again)

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(12-13-2011, 05:34 PM)biglump007 Wrote: Just curious since I'm not going into the Hall If Fame can I get my number retired and maybe a statue outside of the Beckett office in Texas
The Texas office is reserved for me thank you very much! Big Grin
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

"Anyone who was a member then left to frequent another site, then came back is automatically inelgible for Hall of Fame for that year."

My last comment on this part -- Beckett is doing what they can to get members back to the sight, and you are giving them a big "Screw you" by excluding previously contributing members from being nominated.

"Welcome back. See what you (don't) get for going somewhere else."
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(12-13-2011, 08:49 PM)all day baby Wrote: "Anyone who was a member then left to frequent another site, then came back is automatically inelgible for Hall of Fame for that year."

My last comment on this part -- Beckett is doing what they can to get members back to the sight, and you are giving them a big "Screw you" by excluding previously contributing members from being nominated.

"Welcome back. See what you (don't) get for going somewhere else."
I'm sorry, but why should the people that left because of a site hiccup be given recognition over those members that were loyal and stayed through it all?

It's just like having a new trader send first until they prove themselves to be good traders,

Why shouldn't new members and those that left have to prove themselves to be worthy of being nominated to the Beckett HOF, and IMHO, those people that left have to start over new again, just like traders that left have too send first.

and yes, Beckett's is trying to get new members to use the site, but that still doesn't mean that they are going to recognize the new members over the LOYAL members,
those members that have stuck through all the site problems etc...

Why should they deserve the same benefits that the loyal members receive? As far as I am concerned they don't until they earn the right to receive those benefits.

Seriously the requirements should be as follows

1. Loyalty
2. Respect
3. Contribution
4. Helpfulness
5. Membership status

Why are you taking this so personally anyways about the people that left not being elgible until they prove themselves?
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35