`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Message Board Hall of Fame

RE: Message Board Hall of Fame
(12-10-2011, 04:03 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Actually, I should have reworded this part, so maybe an explanation will help.

This would be for those people that left when the board had a hiccup, and were not active on this site, but were active on one of the other sites, but decided to come back here, and be more active here then there (board jumpers would be the appropriate term I believe)

As far as monitoring it, not that difficult, because all of our posts threads, trades, etc for the last 2 years or more are still available, so it is easy to just go back through them and see how active a member was.

Members who are active on any of the other trade sites and were just as active on this site at the same time are eligible for votes.
I really don't think this is that accurate of a way to tell activity. I'll use myself as an example. - I do zero trades, and probably don't post every time I log in. In fact, when the board was experiencing it's "growing pains", I had trouble even logging in. Nonetheless, I am on the site multiple times a day, every day that I turn on my computer. But going by your idea, it would never show that.

Furthermore, if you are going to track activity by postings and trades, there are members on here who have not been on as long as others (less than the 2 year limit) who have more trades and posts then members who have been on alot longer.
- Another point, again using myself as an example, I've been on this site long enough to go thru several incarnations of the page, each time having my post count start back at zero.

Just some thoughts...
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

I agree Jaykayzee.
As i have been here a bit longer i have gone threw alot of the same issues. This was the 1st ever trade site i was on and i learned alot about what i know now.
I had at one time over 15,000 posts and over 200 trades here. When the site changed over i looked to other places to trade as the traffic DIED here. Now their are a few who are tying hard to bring it back but not sure if it will ever be back to its "glory days". I am one of a handfull of guys who still come here after the change. I have NO trades here as i don't feel i need to pay to list my cards then trade. That is just me and my 2 cents.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(12-12-2011, 12:54 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Im obviously too new but I dont like this...I feel people voting on heir favorite person (people) is going to leave a sour taste in some members mouths...say you frequently talk to multiple members then bam vote for only a couple of them...that might upset those members causing problems
I agree! I think favortism will play a big part & as a result may cause a rift between members & maybe even cause some members to leave. Jmo.

Also, as gadsden86 stated, I dont do any trading on this site. But I do post alot! I've only been here thru one site change, and had a good number of trades on the old site, but I also feel I dont need to "pay" to be able to trade my cards (personal preference).

I guess I jus see too many ways this could cause problems rather than be something positive. Again, jus my 2cents on the subject.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

Im not really sure which way to vote. I could probably see it being more of a negative thing than a positive thing. There are folks here who get upset with the whole "clique" thing or whatever and I just think this would rub it in their face more so to speak. I mean, I personally dont care either way but everybody here already knows all the good members for the most part and I could probably give a list with 5 peoples names on it and and at least 4 of them would probably be nominated. My point is, we have a really good forum here with a lot of great members and I just think something like this could damage that. This forum is so much better than the basketball forum and people are giving freebies and stuff like that away all the time here. I just wouldnt want any of that to change due to some controversy from a member HOF thing.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

good point
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

I personally view it as a more of a way to honor the members here who make Beckett a strong community of people. It's funny to me that every time something like this comes up you hear people talking about this clique, my question is what does it matter if there is or isn't one and who is or isn't in it. I personally don't care if I'm in or out or left or right. Instead of complaining about being in or not why not just do your best to be the best member you can and leave it at that.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(12-12-2011, 03:46 PM)biglump007 Wrote: I personally view it as a more of a way to honor the members here who make Beckett a strong community of people. It's funny to me that every time something like this comes up you hear people talking about this clique, my question is what does it matter if there is or isn't one and who is or isn't in it. I personally don't care if I'm in or out or left or right. Instead of complaining about being in or not why not just do your best to be the best member you can and leave it at that.
fo shizzle
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(12-12-2011, 03:46 PM)biglump007 Wrote: I personally view it as a more of a way to honor the members here who make Beckett a strong community of people. It's funny to me that every time something like this comes up you hear people talking about this clique, my question is what does it matter if there is or isn't one and who is or isn't in it. I personally don't care if I'm in or out or left or right. Instead of complaining about being in or not why not just do your best to be the best member you can and leave it at that.
Amen !!! excellent post Smile

You hit the nail on the head biglump007! Well said.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

(12-12-2011, 03:51 PM)mrgonzodad Wrote: fo shizzle
he he he.....shizzle's a funny word. Smile

Agree 100%
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection