`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Message Board Hall of Fame

RE: Message Board Hall of Fame
i find the divide between how the baseball board reacted to the idea and how the football board reacted very fascinating

it makes me want to do some demographic research

lol, very different. Whats more odd is the whole HOF thing started back in the day (old site) on the baseball board.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

I think its a neat idea. Kinda wish Beckett would do stuff like that, member of the month for each board or something.
The different reactions is definitely interesting. Camaraderie vs competition? Cynicism vs optimism? Or just people who want to see other things to chat about vs this is a sportscard board, not a popularity contest.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(12-10-2011, 01:37 PM)all day baby Wrote: "Anyone who was a member then left to frequent another site, then came back is automatically inelgible for Hall of Fame for that year."

Exactly how are you going to regulate this? If you know someone frequents another site means YOU frequent that same site... meaning you are not elligible either. IMO, just drop this part. It would be a nightmare to monitor.
Actually, I should have reworded this part, so maybe an explanation will help.

This would be for those people that left when the board had a hiccup, and were not active on this site, but were active on one of the other sites, but decided to come back here, and be more active here then there (board jumpers would be the appropriate term I believe)

As far as monitoring it, not that difficult, because all of our posts threads, trades, etc for the last 2 years or more are still available, so it is easy to just go back through them and see how active a member was.

Members who are active on any of the other trade sites and were just as active on this site at the same time are eligible for votes.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

I am indifferent towards the idea. I could take it or leave it. With that said, If we are voting I would vote for itsdagooch. He is an outstanding member and a very nice guy.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

yay!!
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

(12-10-2011, 04:03 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Actually, I should have reworded this part, so maybe an explanation will help.

This would be for those people that left when the board had a hiccup, and were not active on this site, but were active on one of the other sites, but decided to come back here, and be more active here then there (board jumpers would be the appropriate term I believe)

As far as monitoring it, not that difficult, because all of our posts threads, trades, etc for the last 2 years or more are still available, so it is easy to just go back through them and see how active a member was.

Members who are active on any of the other trade sites and were just as active on this site at the same time are eligible for votes.
I think the idea is cool, but I don't understand why it matters if they left and came back. It's the fact they are HERE the important part? Suppose this was the NFL and a player retired from, let's say... the Green Bay Packers, then decidec to come back and play for a new team, say... the New York Jets. Then he did it again, and moved this time to, ohhh... the Minnesota Vikings. Do you really think the NFL would NOT elect a player to their HoF because he retired several times and came back?

I just do not see the point of this part. Suppose someone left, then posted like crazy on some other site, then DID decide to return? As far as I'm concerned, if he (or she) makes a quality contribution to THIS site. It should not matter at all what they did somewhere else. Personally, I think it would make them MORE elligible for HoF status BECAUSE they returned.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

just a thought ..... could we nominate let's say 3 members ??? there are so many great members here and it's so hard to choose just one Sad

(12-10-2011, 08:08 PM)pbean Wrote: just a thought ..... could we nominate let's say 3 members ??? there are so many great members here and it's so hard to choose just one Sad
my thinking too.. i would never be able to pick just one.
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

Sounds cool!!!
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin